PDA

View Full Version : Rolled 222

Raul Wong
01-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Playing .5-1 on Eurobet...

I bring it in with 222 and it folds to an A who raises, two paint cards call and I re-raise, the Ace three bets and one of the paints caps.

Going into fourth the Ace pairs and a Q also pairs, The Ace bets and the Q calls and its on me...Do I really have to fold?

All the Aces and Queens were live...

Edit: I dont think it really matters but this was 8 or better

benwood
01-02-2006, 04:59 AM
Everything went Raul Wong on this hand.(I couldn't resist it,my friend.)

You have to let it go,imo.

preiserone
01-02-2006, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes it less likely that AA had trips, might turn this one into a call but I don't know, one of our stud/8 experts will let you know I'm sure.

benwood
01-03-2006, 03:51 AM
Everything went all wrong on this hand.

You have to let it go,imo.

Howard Beale
01-04-2006, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This makes it less likely that AA had trips, might turn this one into a call but I don't know, one of our stud/8 experts will let you know I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

In stud/8 an ace is expected to raise if playing unless there are other aces showing so, yes, it makes it less likely that it's trip aces. His bigger problem, as if he needs another, is the paired queens who called the raising ace knowing that it might not be aces (I don't like calling a raising ace w/ a big pair. I don't like relying on 'it might not be aces'. I only play big pairs in rare situations in stud/8). When the paired queens called on 4th it has to be trips unless that player is a lunatic.

Fold the roll up.

Raul Wong
01-04-2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks for the your opinions. While I now agree that this is most certainly a muck, I peeled and hit my one outer! No joke! It was pretty sweet because the guy did have three aces and we capped that [censored] the rest of the way.

Also, while I understand that it is less likely that he has AA because this is hi-lo, I thought he three bet on 3rd defined his hand pretty well, as split AA, and even further reason for me to fold was the guy with the QQ board, because what else could that guy have had besides QQQ on 4th after all the action on 3rd.

Thanks again everyone