PDA

View Full Version : NL25 Video #1

whipsaw
09-25-2006, 09:26 PM
I don't post here a lot, but I made a short video (25 min) of me playing 25NL at UB tonight, and I thought I'd share. I provide audio of my play. If people like these, perhaps I'll make some more. Critiques of any plays are very welcome. The file is almost 200MB, so it takes 15 mins or so to download from badongo.

Thanks!

To download, go to http://www.badongo.com/vid/207171

If anyone knows a better file hosting service, even one that costs a little money, I'd like to use it to improve upload/download times. Please PM me with info.

MrMxyztplk
09-25-2006, 10:15 PM
It's not downloading when I click on the link...

whipsaw
09-25-2006, 10:34 PM
Apparently they broke up my file into two parts, and then you have to use some program to merge them back together. I am currently searching for a better host, but it doesn't sound like too much difficulty in downloading the 2 parts and merging them. The website gives instructions.

CreepingDeath
09-25-2006, 11:13 PM
Me neither I'm afraid. Tried to download the first part, entered the captcha and hit download, it did nothing for like 20 minutes and then saved a 0 byte file.

whipsaw
09-25-2006, 11:23 PM
I apologize for this. I should soon have a fix using a domain I registered. I needed to get webspace for myself anyway.

RobAU
09-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Yousendit.com will do the job.

Zimomyik
09-26-2006, 01:55 AM
You could also use rapidshare.de

heater
09-26-2006, 02:42 AM
You should use XVid (http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/) or some other codec to compress your video. 200 megs is huge for a 25 minute video. Most of the videos I've seen of this length are 40-60 megs.

You'll definitely want to do this if you plan on posting vids on your own site.

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 09:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post here a lot, but I made a short video (25 min) of me playing 25NL at UB tonight, and I thought I'd share. I provide audio of my play. If people like these, perhaps I'll make some more. Critiques of any plays are very welcome. The file is almost 200MB, so it takes 15 mins or so to download from badongo.

Thanks!

To download, go to http://www.badongo.com/vid/207171

If anyone knows a better file hosting service, even one that costs a little money, I'd like to use it to improve upload/download times. Please PM me with info.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, here's a new link that should work. Again, comments on all hands are welcome, I hope everyone enjoys. I'll work on getting the file size down for future vids. If anyone has any videos they'd like hosted, I could probably do that.

Right click and save as:

www.dawhipsaw.com/Video1.avi (http://www.dawhipsaw.com/Video1.avi)

jaustin
09-26-2006, 12:12 PM
Uggghhhhh, this still isn't working for me, when I play the vid I just get the audio and the stupid [censored] windows media visualizer, do I need an AVI codec or something. I'm new to Windows, somebody help?

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Uggghhhhh, this still isn't working for me, when I play the vid I just get the audio and the stupid [censored] windows media visualizer, do I need an AVI codec or something. I'm new to Windows, somebody help?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I compressed the video with the xvid codec. You can download it at http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml. I apologize for problems anyone is having.

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Anyone have any thoughts on any of the hands? Everything pretty standard?

neverforgetlol
09-26-2006, 03:22 PM
i will give comments later tonight as i'm leaving soon.

is there anyway to make this smaller? seems like a huge file size.

akkahai
09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seemed to be quite loose preflop. One hand where you had 84s CO, you mentioned you could raise here but didn't. To me 84s seems like a pretty bad hand to raise with, only thing good about it is that it's suited.

Another hand, you raise on button with Q7o against two limpers. Quite a trash hand, do you value the button so much? Would you raise any hand on the button to punish limpers?

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i will give comments later tonight as i'm leaving soon.

is there anyway to make this smaller? seems like a huge file size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Future videos will be significantly smaller, but for this one it looks like I had the record quality too high which bloated the file. I do apologize for this one which is quite large.

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seemed to be quite loose preflop. One hand where you had 84s CO, you mentioned you could raise here but didn't. To me 84s seems like a pretty bad hand to raise with, only thing good about it is that it's suited.

Another hand, you raise on button with Q7o against two limpers. Quite a trash hand, do you value the button so much? Would you raise any hand on the button to punish limpers?

[/ QUOTE ]

I definitely wouldn't raise any hand on the button, but this table had been playing quite passively and in those passive situations, I will open up and raise more preflop. I probably play more aggressively from the button than most other players. I'll also take a bad pot once in a session to deter people from limping on my button, unless they just want to give away a BB at a time.

I appreciate your comment, in retrospect Q7o is probably a little too trashy to splash around with against 2 limpers.

I'll likely make another video tonight as I've invested in the domain name, might as well make use of it.

jonyy6788
09-26-2006, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I compressed the video with the xvid codec. You can download it at http://www.koepi.org/xvid.shtml. I apologize for problems anyone is having.

[/ QUOTE ]

This link for the codec isn't working for me

jonyy6788
09-26-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You should use XVid (http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/) or some other codec to compress your video. 200 megs is huge for a 25 minute video. Most of the videos I've seen of this length are 40-60 megs.

You'll definitely want to do this if you plan on posting vids on your own site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nevermind, this one works

neverforgetlol
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
i'll mention these in the order as they appear

85s i would raise when folded to the SB, this isn't a good HU hand plus you're out of position. either that or fold.

A5o I try to avoid playing Ax hands like this unless I'm confident I can steal the blinds. But here you had 4 people to ac as well. Even if you hit your hand you don't know where you stand.

79o i would not complete in the SB with three players in.

would def. not raise Q7o on the button esp. with players in already.

MortenTA
09-26-2006, 05:41 PM
is this FR or 6Max?

whipsaw
09-26-2006, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is this FR or 6Max?

[/ QUOTE ]

6 max.