PDA

View Full Version : Poker and heart disease

Big Bend
01-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Howdy ya'll...

Heart disease runs strong in my family. Just wondering if the constant adrenaline rush from multi-tabling may be doing my body alot of harm long term.

Ideally we're just emotionless data entry people only concerned with making +EV decisions, never concerning ourselves with the outcomes.. But thats alot easier said than done.

Now that I'm over 40 I know I need to be getting more exercise. Just wondering if the emotions in poker are conspiring to do me in sooner than later.

Thx.. BB

soko
01-27-2006, 12:50 PM
ask
a
doctor

mockingbird
01-29-2006, 04:54 AM
I agree - ask a doctor.

If you do or dont play poker you need to get excersice, have a healthy diet, and not smoke or drink to excess. A doctor can check bp, hr, EKG, chlorestorol, lipids, do a stress test, and if necessary, a _____ test (the name escapes me at the moment ) to see if you have arteriolsclerosis (spelling?).

Do you any symptoms of coronary disease? Chest pain etc? If so, go immediately to see a doctor.

Stop worrying about it and take some action. I've had 2 heart valves replaced and my mother had two heart surgeries also. She is still teaching dance and running a school in her 70's and I bike, do yoga, swim, etc and am in amazing health. They can work wonders today.

Good Luck