PDA

View Full Version : Stats opinion... crushing level?

andre683
09-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Hello.

I have been playing for quite sometime now, but just recently started tracking down my stats.

I used to play 6 handed NL25 on Pokerstars, but lately been playing on Party Poker and mostly full ring NL10 or 6 handed Limit 0.5\1

Ive been winning consistently, and i don't think these stats from the past 2 days are very different from my game.

Is this good to move up to full ring 0.1\0.25?

how about my Limit game stats? consider both games except NL10 are shorthanded, so i see more flop.

Any other pointers?

also, i know BB\100 hands on limit mean Big Bets, for no limit it stands for big blinds? what's a good number?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/andre_1234564/stats.jpg

I know the stats aren't from a big database, but i feel this is my standart win rate.

i have 370$ on partypoker, is this good enough for NL25 full ring? i know its not optimal at all, but i feel super confortable in the NL10.

well, posting to get opinions on my game

EDIT:

i am worried about moving up, because i was a consisten winner 0.05\0.1 at titan poker, moved up to 0.1\0.25, stil won, moved up to 0.25\0.5 and got my arse kicked on the couple of hands i played, loosing one buy ins wich got me on tilt and made me loose another buy in, i withdrew all the money i had before i would loose all the profit.

also, on pokerstars, starting with 50 dollars i run up to 250, and moved up too fast, and lost 100 dollares in about 30 min because of tilting for loosing a 2 outer hand on the river, when his pocket A hit trips.

since then, i think my control is way better, can stand a couple of bad beats in a row, and i don't tilt that often, but i fear its because i'm playing NL10, and its a much smaller portion of bankroll.

so this time, starting at 50 again, and i'm beeing extra carefull not to play above my bankroll, to avoid those tilting sessions, and just play it "safe"

Dunkman
09-25-2006, 03:56 PM
1) that's not your standard winrate...trust me
2) those stats are totally useless, anything can happen in 800 hands

That being said, if you feel comfortable at nl10, and wanna take a shot at nl25 with 15 buy-ins, go for it. I don't see why you'd wanna play full ring (6 max is so much softer) but do whatever you enjoy. Just make a rule for yourself, maybe that you'll drop back down if you fall below $300 or something. The fact that you feel comfortable in your game and confident in your ability to move up means a lot more than a microscopic sample of hands. Just remember, you can always move back down and regroup if things don't go the way you planned.

Sh@i'tan
09-25-2006, 03:56 PM
this isn't even close to your standard win rate. 782 hands is nothing, but 370 for 25NL is fine imo.

ughaulkghalugh
09-25-2006, 03:59 PM
anything can happen in <1000 hands man, you could be running hot as hell. this is a super small samplesize.

gimmetheloot
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Sir i have ran > 40PTBB/100 for 1200 hands....and I have ran at -alot of PTBB/100 for a lot of hands too. you will come down.

Moving to 25NL is fine, but move back down if you drop ~7 buyins, which will leave you 15 for NL10.

Your database, is way way way way way way way too small for any real numbers.

ColdSteel
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
I play more than 800 hands before I have my morning crap.

Check the stats survey in the SSNL stickies. But not until you've racked up 10,000 hands at NL10.

No, seriously. Ten thousand hands.

andre683
09-25-2006, 04:05 PM
what is a standart winrate?

or a good one for that matter.

I feel i can easilly double up or triple up the max buying often, at NL10 on party poker (didn't happen on Stars NL10 or NL25).

i feel i usually come winning at NL10, not because i am "that good of a poker player" but because i guess theire really easy, much more on Party than on Stars. Or players are too scared of big bets, or they just dump all their money on the pot.

I have phases where i prefer 6 max, or full ring. lately ive been playing full ring and noticing i win consistently, i get more swings on 6 max.

Also, i don't like to give my blinds away, and in full ring i get in awckward situations on the BB or SB less often:)

andre683
09-25-2006, 04:09 PM
what is 40PTBB/100 ?

i know its a small sample size, but i'm not really feeling a huge hot streak.. Had AA 6 times,only won 2 of them for example. Well, maybe on the rest of the hands i might be running hot, but i don't feel like i'm hitting every flop.

well, anyway, i was asking because i know i'm winning consistently at this level, and id love to move up and find it as easy, not sure its very safe thoug

ColdSteel
09-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Trust me. Your winrate does not reflect your ability yet. 800 hands is statisticaly insignifigant.

"i know i'm winning consistently at this level"

No, you don't. You don't know squat yet. You could be the worst player in the universe and still have this winrate over 800 hands. You might be the best. You are probably an average to slightly below average NL10 player. But you have no idea yet, and your winrate is not telling you that you are a good player. Its not even telling you that you are probably a winning player, or even possibly a winning player.

Your winrate has no correlation to your ability whatsoever. Do not move up based on your winrate. In fact, dont move up yet at all. Get 10k hands in at NL10 first. Then if you still feel like you're a great player (I doubt you will) move up regardless of your winrate. Because at 10k hands your winrate still has no correlation to your ability.

ughaulkghalugh
09-25-2006, 04:19 PM
what if you take 7 badbeats in a row for your stack every time? then you're pretty much busto -- just stick it out at nl10. i wouldn't take a shot just for the sake of taking a shot.

SeanyBullets
09-25-2006, 04:23 PM
andre, if you're not willing to put in the time or effort needed to see what you're successful at and what you're not successful at...play any level and don't bother asking for advice.

BukNaked36
09-25-2006, 04:34 PM
From the faq:
: What's a sustainable winrate for this game?

A: I believe the average winrate sustained by fairly good players is 7-8PTBB/100. Click here for a winrate thread. Aiming for anything above 0 is recommended.

Personally I'd widen it to 5-10.

$370 is enough to start 25NL. Typical advice is 20 buy-ins, which would be $500, for a standard 25NL full roll. Consider buying in for $20 for a while if want to reduce your possible variance a little.

40PTBB/100 - BB is big bets which is actually 2 big blinds.

100 is 100 hands.

Shaddux
09-25-2006, 04:44 PM
Don't even pay attention to this sample. It means absolutely nothing.

Taking a shot at 25NL with $370 is fine. Just know when to move down if you take some beats.

Post hands here. That's the best way to find out how good you are, or what leaks your game has.

EMc
09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
This is a worthless post.

Note to all: Will be locked in future.

mudbuddha
09-25-2006, 05:15 PM
EMC for mod