PDA

View Full Version : Float doesnt go as planned

EMc
09-25-2006, 03:44 PM
No read on main villain. 2nd hand at table. First hand I raised and cbet, another villain folded
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $61.15
UTG+1: $74.95
EMC: $51.30
Button: $112.25
SB: $47.80
BB: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) EMC is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, EMC calls, 3 folds.

<font color="blue">I have position and a hand that makes big hands. Read on SB is that he is really lose, so I expected an overcall, but whatever </font>

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $3.5</font>, EMC calls.

<font color="blue"> Caught a little piece, got position against a probable C-bet, lets float </font>
Turn: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($11.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $8</font>, EMC ?.

<font color="blue">My original plan here was to ditch if he bet, but thats a great card, and i have pretty good equity and maybe some FE, should I raise or call here? </font>

Jigsaws
09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
He has an overpair and he's not (strike that: NEVER EVER) folding it. Call. Note that an A or 2 river is probably not getting paid off.

jakeduke
09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
I call. I'd estimate your FE at around 0 here. He's never going to put you on a 4, and he probably calls a raise with 66+.

Delphin
09-25-2006, 03:49 PM
Preflop is fine. I would raise or fold on the flop. If you think villain cbets a lot with air, a flop raise may take it down for you a good % of the time. As played, I would raise the turn. With your stack, a push is only ~$7 more than a pot sized raise, so just shove and hope for the best.

If he has 55,44,33,54, or 43, make sure you river the 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

homeslice
09-25-2006, 03:52 PM
He can have an overpair, so I'd call the turn and catch a heart on the river.

BukNaked36
09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has an overpair and he's not (strike that: NEVER EVER) folding it. Call. Note that an A or 2 river is probably not getting paid off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Both the wheel and the flush are pretty obvious. Lot of guys just can't let go of that big pair though.

gimmetheloot
09-25-2006, 04:46 PM
EM, I call. Also, you need to move back up, from what I remember of playing with you, you are way too good for the 50 game.

Shaddux
09-25-2006, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think villain cbets a lot with air, a flop raise may take it down for you a good % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
?
We beat air.

If we raise, we are donating to him if he actually has something. If he has air, he probably shuts down on the turn, and we take the pot anyway.

EMc
09-25-2006, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EM, I call. Also, you need to move back up, from what I remember of playing with you, you are way too good for the 50 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I had to withdraw 1/2 my roll, so here I am.

gimmetheloot
09-25-2006, 04:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think villain cbets a lot with air, a flop raise may take it down for you a good % of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]
?
We beat air.

If we raise, we are donating to him if he actually has something. If he has air, he probably shuts down on the turn, and we take the pot anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who cares if he has air, raising with the sole intent of taking the hand away from overcards here is fine IMO. Bascially, every single turn card is a scare card in some way, unless it pairs the board/is a heart, and even then, we are likely go get blown off of our hand, or end up trying to call down and being in a [censored] position on the river.

If it is a heart, there is a damn good possibility we end up putting more money in the pot just praying with really, no idea where we stand if this guy will fire second barrels.

Antinome
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
With as many as 17 outs to overs we are ~34% to go ahead on the river.

Calling 8 for a 20 dollar pot is like 40% so we almost have direct odds to call.

We only need to make like 1.50 more on the river if we get there. He's paying at least that much. Call.

Delphin
09-25-2006, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only assuming he never folds. And with all the draws we have we aren't donating that much.

checkraiseTHIS
09-25-2006, 06:04 PM
Is it standard to call a raise with Axs in this position? I'm kind of confused as to what to do with Axs in position facing a raise.

Shaddux
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Only assuming he never folds. And with all the draws we have we aren't donating that much.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean never folds a better hand? He might. Hard to say at 50NL...I'm sure he isn't folding a 5 or draw.

And I don't think our draw is anything to get that excited about (on the flop) although it's not bad.

Dan Bitel
09-25-2006, 10:31 PM
EMC,

just call here. Your flush outs are very hidden and it appears that he's going nowhere

Shaddux
09-25-2006, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
EMC,

just call here. Your flush outs are very hidden and it appears that he's going nowhere

[/ QUOTE ]

tubasteve
09-25-2006, 10:56 PM
I just call because hitting backdoor flushes is pretty much free money.