PDA

View Full Version : Play with QJ. What does Villain have?

QCDave
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Everyone at this table is pretty terrible, but this hand had me pretty confused. What do you think villain was playing, and what do you think he had me on?

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $34.85
Hero: $49
Button: $38.77
SB: $9.43
BB: $24.86

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, Hero raises to $1, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.25, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $3, Button raises to $6, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif ($15.25, 2 players)
Hero bets $5, Button raises to $10

Did I not bet enough earlier on, or what does this guy probably have? KK or AA?

Inyaface
09-25-2006, 01:50 PM
No way AA or KK. Maybe a set. I would call turn as played but probably check turn in future.

homeslice
09-25-2006, 01:51 PM
If your going to raise pf raise it to $2. As played, c/f the turn. your probably behind here.

xwillience
09-25-2006, 01:52 PM
why the hell did you call the flop and lead the turn?

and your turn bet size sux donkey.

Id expect to see either Q9 or a set here.

there is a good chance that I c/f QJ on this turn.

jakeduke
09-25-2006, 02:20 PM
Raise to 2 PF. That minraise is really bad.

The flop bet is good, and calling the minraise is easy too.

Why bet the turn? And why bet it so small? What are you trying to accomplish here? Villain is never folding - even if he just has a draw like JT you gave him proper odds to draw - and just about any hand better than yours will probably raise. I think c/f is the best play on this turn.

EMc
09-25-2006, 02:23 PM
PFR is sick. Makes me sad.

Jake,

Why call on the flop to c/f the turn? That makes no sense to me ever. I think there is a better line here but I dont really see it.

testaaja
09-25-2006, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If your going to raise pf raise it to $2. As played, c/f the turn. your probably behind here.

[/ QUOTE ]

jakeduke
09-25-2006, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Why call on the flop to c/f the turn? That makes no sense to me ever. I think there is a better line here but I dont really see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always have a hard time in spots like this. Folding to the minraise seems SO weak, and I think if you do it often villains will pick up on it and minraise you left and right. This combined with my few mostly clean outs and the not insignificant chance villain checks the turn make me want to continue. If you hate a c/f, then call a small bet on the turn and block the river for 1/2 pot?