PDA

View Full Version : World Team Poker Tournament

Chapdoggy
09-25-2006, 10:26 AM
I just signed up for this event and was wondering if any one else here had heard about it and was planning on attending it.

According to Joe Connor who is spearheading this many of the big name pro's are playing and either ESPN or CBS will be filming it.

Seems like a fun way to add some new twists to a poker tournament to me and I look forward to competing.

Anyone interested can find out more info at http://www.worldteampoker.net/

olivert
09-25-2006, 11:55 PM
ESPN and CBS do NOT "film" poker tournaments.

Also, neither ESPN nor CBS will pay poker tournament promoters rights fees. Not even Harrah's can get 1 penny of CASH from ESPN for the 2006 WSOP Main Event.

Poker tournament promoters hire their own TV production crews to film poker tournaments and BUY TV time on ESPN, CBS, etc. to air them.

dlk9s
09-28-2006, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Also, neither ESPN nor CBS will pay poker tournament promoters rights fees. Not even Harrah's can get 1 penny of CASH from ESPN for the 2006 WSOP Main Event.

Poker tournament promoters hire their own TV production crews to film poker tournaments and BUY TV time on ESPN, CBS, etc. to air them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Brodie from <u>Mallrats</u> said it best:

"Where do you come up with this [censored]? That's the cheesiest response to an honest question I have ever heard."

CarpeDiem
10-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Oliver,

I've read your posts in the past. You clearly have a lot of knowledge on this subject, but in this case you conveyed it in a way to make you look like a jerk.

When you respond this way you are not being helpful to the forum. His question was sincere and your answer was condescending.

The info was awesome--I'm sure 99% of the readers here did now know about his interesting nuance you described. Just describe it more respectfully, please.

Ignignokt
10-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Edited: I was going to take you-know-who to task yet again for his semantic games, but after thinking about it, I don't want yet another thread to end up being about HIM.

To the OP:

From the web site, it looks like an odd event: combining poker and putting? Pitching chips? Seems like fun though.

Seems more like a curiosity than anything else. But it's at the Rio, so Harrah's apparently likes the idea.

EssencE
10-05-2006, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could've sworn.. everyone thought u were a bot.. sent here from China to tell us about Macau and the POKER BOOM in the upcoming years.. lol

/images/graemlins/confused.gif