PDA

View Full Version : Progress problems

helterskelter
09-25-2006, 05:42 AM
I have been on a starting bankroll of 100 and have not made any prgress. I have been up to as much as 190 but have fallen back because of horrible beats in 10NL. Was wondering if anyone has had these difficulty's and if so please share your knowledge or your story of how you started to progress more
And also if anyone has any other advice on the best way to build about 120$ please also share
TY very much everyone in advance. This is the greatest forum

helterskelter
09-25-2006, 06:17 AM
any advice?????

ticks
09-25-2006, 06:30 AM
What can I say?

Post hands, read the forum, think things through, play a lot,
use good, conservative roll management.

Sir Winalot
09-25-2006, 06:33 AM
If you're new: start playing tight.

MortenTA
09-25-2006, 07:02 AM
If your new to poker then breaking even is good.

munkey
09-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Play NL10 PS like I did and learn the basics -you're breaking even which is good as a start.

Get PokerTracker if possible and review your top and bottom 10 hands -post any you're unsure of here or had a big loss.

I do this after every session - it really does help and was one of the best pieces of advice I had.
( -though I must follow my advice more and post more of my hands)

ChipStorm
09-25-2006, 08:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Post hands, read the forum, think things through, play a lot,
use good, conservative roll management.

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

kslghost
09-25-2006, 09:00 AM
10NL can be a high variance game since there are lots of people seeing hands deep. Try to look for hands that play well in multiway pots on the flop, and just look to building big pots with huge equity hands, and avoid getting to deep with hands like TPMK.

tms
09-25-2006, 09:37 AM
maybe move down a level, $100 is only 10 buyins, and if you've gone from $190 back down to $100, whats going to keep that variance from taking you from $100 to $0?

Vammakala
09-25-2006, 09:43 AM
I don't think NL10 can be a high variance game, seriously, 9 buy-ins is probably beyond what you should be able to lose at these stakes. With tight game you should be able to stay within +-5 buy-in range most of the time.

If you wanna start looking for flaws in your game, look at hands where you lose large sum (if you get outdrawn and then pay off with your stack after it, it's not really that bad of a beat anymore). Also, keep an eye out for valuebetting situations - it's one of the most important aspects of micro stakes. Don't valuebet when you have marginal hands, but against certain opponents, you can easily value bet top pair etc.

I guess the big pots for big hands - small pots for marginal and down hands is good. Just remember that your opponents REraising range is generally much smaller than raising and calling range. Baluga theorem is also very good on low stakes imo, ie. If you get raised on turn, one pair is no good. There are exceptions to the rule, but it's a good guideline to follow. Try keeping the pots reasonable when you only have one pair.