3 folds.
MP2 calls [$0.1].
1 fold.
Robin raises [$0.6].
SB folds.
Villian raises [$7.39].
MP2 folds.
Robin ??

Only my second hand at the table so no reads on villian. Both villian's stack and mine are ~$10.

It's the raise ammount that got me... he didn't push all in, but almost. With Kings or Aces I would push all in but with Queens it's not an obvious push. One thought that crossed my
mind is he could have Jacks. Some people make crazy bets with Jacks because they like the hand but can't play it if one of the three overcards flops, so they just make a massive be pf, however some ppl play Queens and Kings this way too, and I'm screwed if it's Kings.

So fold, call or push all in?

Robin

Art Vandalay
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Push. If you call here, you're going to get it all-in on the flop anyway, so why not make a push here and make sure you get to see all five cards and take advantage of what little fold equity you have. It could be AA or KK, but it could also be AK or JJ.

alphatmw
09-24-2006, 07:28 PM
i think its too likely someone is screwing around on these stakes to fold here.

ColdSteel
09-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Stakes are irrelevant. If someone made this move at NL1000, it would be screwing around there too.

This is an auto-push. You should jump up and down and cheer too.

robinmbuk
09-24-2006, 08:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stakes are irrelevant. If someone made this move at NL1000, it would be screwing around there too.

This is an auto-push. You should jump up and down and cheer too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why is this raise screwing around? Is it because it's just a ridicliously big 'Don't call me' raise? I've seen people do this with kings because they fear an ace on the flop, and occasionaly with Aces in the hope some1 might call.

What kind of hand do you think makes this move, or is it a any 2 cards hoping I'll fold type thing?

Robin

ColdSteel
09-24-2006, 08:30 PM
This raise is screwing around because it is a monster overbet. If he has trash, well it should e obvious why his strategy is stupid. If he has aces it's even more stupid. He will almost never get called here, and that is a waste of a perfectly good hand. Unless you have an opponent you know will call, or you are playing a short stack strategy, this huge bet is stupid no matter what hand he has.

xwillience
09-24-2006, 08:33 PM
1 word. push.

ChipStorm
09-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I don't play 10NL, but without a read, I'm folding this.

Villain didn't just raise, he watched you raise first, then pushed. Logic that goes "massive bet doesn't make sense for the nuts, so call" gets you broke pretty quickly. I make massive bets at small stakes all the time, because I am confident of getting donks calling a high percentage of the time.

With any sort of read on villain as too loose, probably a push. But without any kind of read, I'd rather take the time to watch and learn why this guy does the stupid things he does. I'll get his money soon enough.

Galilee
09-25-2006, 06:09 AM
If he has made a stupid mistake in overbetting aces or kings, then aren't you correcting his mistake by calling?

And if he's messing around with ace high, then you might be making a mistake yourself by folding queens, but it's not a huge mistake is it, relative to his?

Sir Winalot
09-25-2006, 06:35 AM
pooosh.

testaaja
09-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Without reads I fold but if I'm tilting oh boy CALL ALL DAY /images/graemlins/laugh.gif and yes you will see KK+ here like always if the person is sane.
Edit: I just don't get it why you guys talk about stakes here. I can see the thing about nl10 & nl2k. I haven't really seen anything different at nl10, nl20 or nl50. I've lost a [censored] stash calling all in raises with QQ without reads.

degenrat
09-25-2006, 07:32 AM
Dear OP,

Fold here, and lose the .60. If this guy is stupid enough to make this play with 22-jj or A10-AQ then you will get his chips soon. Take your time, let your advantage work for you.

munkey
09-25-2006, 08:08 AM
Is that a 70bb shove preflop?
i.e 70$ AI preflop shove at NL100?

He may be bluffing and your hand is only struggling vs AA, KK, AK but these are his most likely holdings.

Some people love to shove AI preflop with AA,KK hoping to get a call from someone who thinks their bluffing.

Shorter stack size I'd call, with reads that his range is wider I'd call.

As degenrat says you will get his chips soon so fold.

Absolution
09-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Fold without a read. I think this is KK+ looking for action more than JJ or AK scared to play. If you get a read later that he's a maniac, I'd consider calling if it came up again.

machine
09-25-2006, 10:03 AM
I push usually KK/AA will make a smaller re-raise here. So call expect to see JJ/KK/AA/AK/AQ your ok here more often than not so get it in.