PDA

View Full Version : Are we getting it in?

testaaja
09-24-2006, 06:43 AM
My first hand at the table. Any help appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $20.55
UTG+1: $49.35
CO: $25.95
Button: $65.35
SB: $32
Hero: $50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($2.5, 5 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.4</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $6</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($14.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $10.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $26</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $8.95</font>.
Uncalled bets: $6.55 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $53.4

avfletch
09-24-2006, 07:09 AM
I'd look for a third bet on the turn. It doesn't have to be big but we want to get all the money in and that'll be hard on the river unless villain complies like he did here.

SABR42
09-24-2006, 07:10 AM
I would just call the river.

EMc
09-24-2006, 07:21 AM
I think just calling the river is fine as well. I also like the way that hero played the turn. An obvious 1 card straight doesnt need to be going nuts with.

Thrahl
09-24-2006, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, looks like a chop.

SABR42
09-24-2006, 07:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd look for a third bet on the turn. It doesn't have to be big but we want to get all the money in and that'll be hard on the river unless villain complies like he did here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like 3-betting the turn at all.

This is an unraised, multi-way pot. If you 3-bet the turn it's obvious to even the dullest players that you have at least a 5 in your hand. I need precisely 8-5 to 3-bet here.

Once villain raises this is going to be a split pot most of the time anyway, and occasionally you lose to 8-5. I just call the turn, and check/call river.

Piraija
09-24-2006, 08:14 AM
I would raise already on the flop but result is good you get money in good enough hand. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JackAll
09-24-2006, 09:06 AM
You have a good draw on the flop. Pot it to take it down, or to build it for when you hit.

If we're not splitting, we're see 2pr's/sets far more often than 58. Especially since they aren't in the blinds. So we want the money in.

With his short stack, I would 3-bet turn a-i to charge flush drawers. And yes, they sometimes call the all-in, and you aren't getting more money out of the when it doesn't hit on the river anyway.

River c/r a-i is a great play after only calling the turn.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You save like 45c in rake and miss out on $9 against all those 2 pr's/sets (often slow played by retards). Get the mopney in.

Shaddux
09-24-2006, 11:34 AM
This looks fine.

ColdSteel
09-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I disagree with everyone saying just call the river. The only hand that beats us is 58 and he doesn't have that often. When it looks like you might chop, you have to see if you are on the nuts side of the chop range or the rags side of the chop range. If youre on the nuts side like you are here then get it all in. If he calls with just an ace once in 20 pushes, it pays off.

Shaddux
09-24-2006, 01:27 PM
I don't think villain ever stacks off with an Ace here. I could be wrong, obviously, but it just doesn't seem right.

ColdSteel
09-24-2006, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think villain ever stacks off with an Ace here. I could be wrong, obviously, but it just doesn't seem right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not a reason to just call.

jonyy6788
09-24-2006, 02:26 PM
8-5 is a reason to just call....Villian won't likely call a raise all in on the river without a 5 (which just takes more rake) and you don't have the nuts.

tubasteve
09-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Just call, and whoever said to bet the flop with nothing but a 1-card straight draw and an overcard with like 2-3 ppl left to act is way way wrong. I would often check/fold this flop to any significant bet since our implied odds are probably slim. Not all OESDs are alike.

PoppaTMan
09-24-2006, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would often check/fold this flop to any significant bet since our implied odds are probably slim. Not all OESDs are alike.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good advice.

testaaja
09-24-2006, 03:48 PM
My thinking was that he'd probably call with every set &amp; some 2pairs thus there was value in the raise. We'd lose rarely to 58 here but we would probably win big from sets.

ColdSteel
09-24-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My thinking was that he'd probably call with every set &amp; some 2pairs thus there was value in the raise. We'd lose rarely to 58 here but we would probably win big from sets.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a reason to raise.

Since you lose to 58 almost never, I really don't understand why anoyone would advocate just calling.

kaz2107
09-25-2006, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is a reason to raise.

Since you lose to 58 almost never, I really don't understand why anoyone would advocate just calling.

[/ QUOTE ]

im in the poosh crowd. first hand at the table and since i have no reads and see he only has 25 in front of him i make an assumption he is an avg player at best and thus dont give him to much credit here. i think he deffintly calls with worse hands more often than he has 85 thus making a push right.

Colonel Kataffy
09-25-2006, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why let worse hands off the hook just because it looks like a chop?

Ph1shPhood
09-25-2006, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I disagree with everyone saying just call the river. The only hand that beats us is 58 and he doesn't have that often. When it looks like you might chop, you have to see if you are on the nuts side of the chop range or the rags side of the chop range. If youre on the nuts side like you are here then get it all in. If he calls with just an ace once in 20 pushes, it pays off.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is how many times is he going to have just an ace after raising the turn? If he did have just an ace, he'd prolly be scared of the obvious straight on the board. I would prolly just c/c the river.

testaaja
09-25-2006, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is how many times is he going to have just an ace after raising the turn? If he did have just an ace, he'd prolly be scared of the obvious straight on the board. I would prolly just c/c the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has a set he isn't going to be scared of the ace. Btw as you see my location ftp=rigged and villain had 58. I'm going nuts here like 100% of the time thus I'm not thinking result oriented /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
I'm probably never playing at full tilt again. See loc. This is like the 1000th time this happened to me on ftp. 15k hands of opponents outflopping / sucking out on me is enough for me.

Ph1shPhood
09-25-2006, 01:21 AM
hahaha, variance is a biatch isnt it?

But the only set i'd put him on is 7's, wouldn't villian at least bet the flop with a set?