PDA

View Full Version : I have overpair, turn pairs top card

akkahai
09-24-2006, 05:56 AM
Villain had been aggressive, but not without a hand. In the last hand villain had just raised me on the turn (that time it was a bigger raise), checked river behind and shown TPTK. I had a busted straight flush draw. This is also why I'm short, I didn't have time to rebuy. (how do you deal with that btw?)

How would you continue from here? Does the fact that this is a blind battle change anything?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($30.49)
Button ($11.55)
Hero ($18.05)
BB ($54.61)
UTG ($18.65)
MP ($15.82)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.10.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to $0.9</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $6</font>

Jouster777
09-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Looks like Jx vs 55-TT vs. turned NFD vs. air.

I think I call and C/F the river if a K or J doesn't hit. This looks like we are scared but we don't have enough behind for a blocker and the lower PP's will still check behind on the river most of the time. We risk getting pushed off with the best hand but I think that risk is less than getting stacked by Jx.

EMc
09-24-2006, 07:29 AM
calling there to fill up is a terrible idea.

Jouster777
09-24-2006, 07:42 AM
That wasn't the idea. I realize hero doesn't have odds to fill up. The point was that this is mainly Jx vs. smaller PP and I call in the hope that a smaller PP won't push on the flop.

What do you do?

EMc
09-24-2006, 07:46 AM
Given heros stack and the limited read provided by the OP, its either push or fold. Calling is the worst of the 3 options here. Hero only has like 13ish behind. I lean towards fold right now only because this is apparently the same line the the villain took with TPTK and TPTK -&gt; trips now.

n1nj4.br
09-24-2006, 07:56 AM
calling &gt; raising IMO.

If Hero pushes, villian is folding everything that we beats. But if we call and check river, villian is checking behind anything that we beat and value bets a J. (i think is ok to imagine this, since villian checked behind TPTK the other hand)

But i dont know if fold is best.

Piraija
09-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Fold or all-in depend how tilt you are and what kind of opponent you have. But maybe fold is better. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Jouster777
09-24-2006, 08:08 AM
All this depends on how often you think we are ahead here. I'd say we are ahead slightly less than 50% of the time and its WA/WB.

In that case:
Push is the worst option...you only get called if you are beaten. You are much better off calling and letting villain bluff river if you want the money in. Push is good against a FD but that's a tiny part of villain's range.
Fold is a good option...however given the minraise its only $3 more into a $14 pot. We are folding the best hand a high percentage of the time to a minraise.
Calling sucks because we are likely to get bluffed off the best hand anyway when we are ahead but I chose it for 3 reasons: Villain with a worse hand will check behind the majority of the time anyway. Its a minraise so my pot odds are great. There's the added bonus of a small chance of boating up.

I put it as Call~Fold&gt;&gt;Push