PDA

View Full Version : Blurring out poker site names on TV

SackUp
01-02-2006, 03:54 AM
So I'm watching the Royal Vegas tranasatlantic poker tourney on FSW right now and they have blurred out all of the poker names on the hats and shirts people are wearing. I find this absolutely hilarious. I obviously understand the point, but I find it comical that the name of a poker site is being blurred on TV as if it was cussing, obscene, or something else inappropriate.

Also, for a sponsored TV event, you would think Royal Vegas would have given everyone shirts with their logo on it.

SackUp
01-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Though I guess there could be conflicts with giving them shirts as well.

Colonel Kataffy
01-03-2006, 04:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, for a sponsored TV event, you would think Royal Vegas would have given everyone shirts with their logo on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps royal vegas had them blur competitors out for commercial reasons. I doubt it had to do with the obscene nature of words like party, fulltilt, and pokerstars.

Sykes
01-03-2006, 11:24 AM
It could be the fact that online poker is illegal in the US, so any item that says .com in it, is going to get blurred.

TomHimself
01-03-2006, 06:36 PM
it wasnt a royal vegas tourney.
just a tourney in monte carlo like last year. it aired in europe last year also, but i guess when it came over to fox sports in US they had royal vegas sponsor it or something