PDA

View Full Version : It's a ghost car...

Prodigy54321
01-27-2006, 05:29 AM
about 2 months ago, at night, a friend of mine and I were driving down the road and got to an part in the road where the road kept going, but you could turn right or left.(no light or stop sign) we stopped to turn left and another car (large SUV) coming towards us stopped to turn left (the opposite direction we were headed) two more cars headed down the same direction that the first car came down, but they were not turning left, they were going straight and there was room to go around the other car so they did, they both were out of view going around the SUV. One of the cars came back into view as it passed us. there were no more cars coming, so my friend and I could turn left as soon as the other car came out from behind the SUV and passed us. so we waited for a few more seconds and nothing... my friend creeped out to see and said "Is he going to go?" so I know I was not the only one who saw the second car. he creeped a little further, then went when he got far enough out to see that there was no second car, then he turned.

Anyway the point is not that I saw a ghost car.

I can excuse this and assume that we were just somehow mistaken. (although this was a very familiar area and still have not figured out what could have happened)

but this story is meant as an intro to a question.

most everyone here agreed that If one were to be approached by a godly pressence or viewed a miracle (religion specific) or what not, anyone would be a fool not to accept this as true and bow before the new found God.

My question then is at what point can one's senses be trusted to be accurate.

say that this ghost car were to be religion specific (say wee both saw a cross on the hood of this ghost car)... would I be a fool not to accept christianity.

would there have to be a video tape of your experience? would you need other people to confirm that this indeed occurred?

There are many religious people who I think truly believe that God speaks to them or gives them signs, but that doesn't mean that that actually occurs. If it were to "happen" to you(by happen i mean that you believe it to have happened), can you trust your own senses enough to be sure it's true???

discuss

oh yeah and I'm not crazy....that car straight up disappeared /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Prodigy54321
01-27-2006, 05:31 AM
just adding this to my favorites, does anyone know how to do that without posting?

oh yeah and anyone who know what TV show the line "It's a ghost car!" is from and who said it gets a BRAVO.

yukoncpa
01-27-2006, 06:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
say that this ghost car were to be religion specific (say wee both saw a cross on the hood of this ghost car)... would I be a fool not to accept christianity.

[/ QUOTE ]
You would be a fool to accept christianity based solely on a cross shape on a car.
[ QUOTE ]
would there have to be a video tape of your experience? would you need other people to confirm that this indeed occurred?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, unfortunately no one is going to take you for your word. You will need to present lots of evidence. The good thing is, that if you do present evidence, a great deal of people will listen to you and take you seriously.

madnak
01-27-2006, 07:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
most everyone here agreed that If one were to be approached by a godly pressence or viewed a miracle (religion specific) or what not, anyone would be a fool not to accept this as true and bow before the new found God.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that right? I think Sklansky said that, but "most everyone here?" Someone performing a miracle doesn't indicate anything except that there is more to the world than a purely physical viewpoint accounts for. Even according to Christian doctrine some people can perform "black magic" that is very spectacular. Magic powers are no indication of divinity, and even if they were it wouldn't necessarily be correct to worship that divinity.

yukoncpa
01-27-2006, 07:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone would be a fool not to accept this as true and bow before the new found God.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't bow to a magician.
[ QUOTE ]
Even according to Christian doctrine some people can perform "black magic" that is very spectacular.

[/ QUOTE ]
I won't bow to anyone (or anything) I consider immoral.

Nut4Dawgs
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
just adding this to my favorites, does anyone know how to do that without posting?

[/ QUOTE ]
Click the "finger" icon at the bottom of the post.

soko
01-27-2006, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Magic powers are no indication of divinity, and even if they were it wouldn't necessarily be correct to worship that divinity.

[/ QUOTE ]

divinity

n 1: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force.

So what would you call "magic powers"?

madnak
01-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Most anything that can't be explained.

I would use the "is the personification of a force" defintion of divinity. Just because someone worships you doesn't make you divine IMO.

Prodigy54321
01-27-2006, 05:45 PM
alright forget the miracle part. The bigger point here is being approached by God. (a personal experience)

The point is that MOST of the people in this forum put a god at at least a small possibility. And MOST of those people agreed that If one were to be approached by say the christian God and spoken too or what not, they would be a fool not to accept christianity. But there are people who truly believe that this happens to them in some way or another. Now most of these people are just outright lying, but I think that many of them truly believe that God does indeed speak to them.

I watch Pat Robertson's 700 Club every now and then and see on nearly every episode, a person that says that God told them something, and undoubtedly, at least some of these people believe it to be true.

Now seing a car that disappeared and being spoken to by God are two very different things and one could argue that being spoken to is much more convincing than seing a car that wasn't there, but my question is where the line is drawn. If you are going to believe in christianity because you hear or see something, why would you not believe in ghosts because you see one.

Alright the MAIN question here (I guess I didn't make it clear enough) is..

To believe in any seemingly impossible event (whether it be a ghost car or being spoken to or approached by God or anything in between), whoud you yourself need further evidence that it occurred other than your experience?

madnak
01-27-2006, 06:19 PM
I would at least need someone else to corroborate it.

soon2bepro
01-27-2006, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There are many religious people who I think truly believe that God speaks to them

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called schizophrenia.

Replying to your last question: I would believe that I experienced that (or that I believe that I did /images/graemlins/smile.gif), but not that it's "real" ("real" referring to the absolute human reality).

Ben Young
01-27-2006, 08:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The point is that MOST of the people in this forum put a god at at least a small possibility. And MOST of those people agreed that If one were to be approached by say the christian God and spoken too or what not, they would be a fool not to accept christianity. But there are people who truly believe that this happens to them in some way or another. Now most of these people are just outright lying, but I think that many of them truly believe that God does indeed speak to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't accept any religion if their deity appeared to me. In fact, I have had a vision of the Christian God, and I do not worship any God.

madnak
01-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Elaborate.

Ben Young
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
several years ago, deep in meditation, I saw "God" and identified him with the christian god. For reasons why I don't worship gods, I made a post not too long ago outlining it.

aheravi
01-27-2006, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

oh yeah and anyone who know what TV show the line "It's a ghost car!" is from and who said it gets a BRAVO.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Simpsons. Chief Wiggum exclaims it in the "Thelma and Louise" episode.

Prodigy54321
01-28-2006, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Simpsons. Chief Wiggum exclaims it in the "Thelma and Louise" episode.

[/ QUOTE ]

BRAVO my friend, BRAVO!!!!!!!