PDA

View Full Version : PokerTracker reveals a gift and a curse.

Theduke211
09-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Well the first was a gift. I play so good and lose. My PT stats all look about great. So where is my leak.

It turns out its in PP's. Man do I blow some cash with them. This seriously would make me very profitable overall. I have a feeling many people would do themselves a favor by reviewing how they play PP's.

Secondly and OT. I have no idea how to use PT with PS's. Been a Party whore untill now

SubaruSTiMike
09-23-2006, 03:12 PM
How were you playing PP's that made your profits less? Were you raising them preflop, cbetting and not letting go after resistance? Are you spewing by playing PP not only for set value but also trying to win pots with bluffs? Usually I just play PP for set value and it's been pretty profitable.

T.J. Combo
09-23-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah, anything less than 9's are for set value. I've won some monsters with TT + unimproved though.

Just gotta learn to fold 'em when you don't make a set.

Theduke211
09-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Mostly I play for set value but apparently all the times I felt like I had good bluff/race value I was semi-tilting on that hand. I rarley tilt. But it is easy to do on a one hand time frame. I need to just let them go and let sets go on scary boards. As im typing this just flopped a set of 9's. Board was 9QJJJ. I called his value like an idiot when I knew I was beat. Hard to lay that down but thats what makes me not profitable. Guess I havent learned my lesson.

Sorry for not having the hand history but PS's is not set up in my PT.

carnivalhobo
09-23-2006, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, anything less than 9's are for set value. I've won some monsters with TT + unimproved though.

Just gotta learn to fold 'em when you don't make a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

this might be true if you open limp them or whatever, but if you follow the recomendations of this forum and open raise them, you will find yourself taking down a lot of pots with the small pairs.

Theduke211
09-23-2006, 03:33 PM
At what point then do you not open raise. ie what range of PP do you stop open raising. Im guessing it depends on the position...

Sh@i'tan
09-23-2006, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At what point then do you not open raise. ie what range of PP do you stop open raising. Im guessing it depends on the position...

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you playing 6 max? if not i can't help you, but in 6 max always raise any pair if there isn't a raise in front of you in any position expect sb/bb. Then proceed to cbet the flop HU almost always, and if its 3 way it depends on the texture of the flop. 4 way or more i don't cbet.

Theduke211
09-23-2006, 03:44 PM
6-max so understood.