PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: pushing... pushing... pushing...

Jigsaws
09-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

SB ($24.50)
Hero ($123)
UTG ($49.95)
MP ($65.75)
CO ($46.45)
Button ($7.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, UTG calls $3.75.

Flop: ($11.25) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $44.45 (all-in)</font>, Hero calls or folds?

Villain is a fairly aggressive TAG: 20/18 over 67 hands. He hasn't shown down a hand in that time. I've been half-tilting, so running at 30/20. I haven't made any big postflop errors, though. I think he does give me some respect.

I absolutely hated this spot. I timed out while thinking about it, which made [censored] UB fold my hand. My chips would be in the middle as fast as possible vs. your average 50Nl donk, but I don't know about my fellow TAGs. He has to put me on at least QQ+ and AK, and apparently he wants me to call with that.

uminchu
09-23-2006, 12:11 PM
this really just feels like a bigg draw, i think i call here and puke when he shows 88 or 99, but your getting two to one on money if it makes you feel better

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
I think you're pretty much toast here against a good TAG. I'd fold.

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:13 PM
I would call. They don't always think so clearly about what you have. I think you'll see a K often enough here (even though that's poor play on their part).

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this really just feels like a bigg draw, i think i call here and puke when he shows 88 or 99, but your getting two to one on money if it makes you feel better

[/ QUOTE ]

What draws do you see here? Hero 3-bet pf and has the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

n1nj4.br
09-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Call call call!

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What draws do you see here? Hero 3-bet pf and has the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]

J/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gifx/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and sometimes just some stupid JT thinking he can get OP to fold. But you're right: the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif in OP's hand cuts draws down a bit.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 12:28 PM
If he's actually capable of betting a big hand in a spot like this then good for him, make a note and find other fish. I'd expect to see something dumb a lot of the time here. Even 'good' $50 TAGs are rarely capable of doing this with a set.

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Ok MrMxyztplk, lets say we'll see those hands too from villain, but I still doubt he'll be doing this with, say K2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Let's say his range is KK, 99, 88, JT/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 76/images/graemlins/heart.gif and Kx/images/graemlins/heart.gif:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

20,790 games 0.031 secs 670,645 games/sec

Board: Ks 8h 9h
Dead:

............equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 37.0899 % 37.09% 00.00% { AdAh }
Hand 2: 62.9101 % 62.91% 00.00% { KK, 99-88, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, Kh9h, Kh8h, Kh7h, Kh6h, Kd5d, Kh5h, Kh4h, Kh3h, Kh2h, JhTh, 7h6h }

Sir Winalot

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:38 PM
That makes this a call. But 98s, AK, KQ, and maybe KJ are also in his range (making it even more a call). Hands like JTs, 98s, 76s and Kxs are less likely to call PF, while hands like KK/99/88 might not play so fast. If Villain did play the sets fast, props to him, but I think you see a single K in his hand way too often to fold.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok MrMxyztplk, lets say we'll see those hands too from villain, but I still doubt he'll be doing this with, say K2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Let's say his range is KK, 99, 88, JT/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 76/images/graemlins/heart.gif and Kx/images/graemlins/heart.gif:

Text results appended to pokerstove.txt

20,790 games 0.031 secs 670,645 games/sec

Board: Ks 8h 9h
Dead:

............equity (%) win (%) tie (%)
Hand 1: 37.0899 % 37.09% 00.00% { AdAh }
Hand 2: 62.9101 % 62.91% 00.00% { KK, 99-88, KhQh, KhJh, KhTh, Kh9h, Kh8h, Kh7h, Kh6h, Kd5d, Kh5h, Kh4h, Kh3h, Kh2h, JhTh, 7h6h }

Sir Winalot

[/ QUOTE ]

What about hands like AK and KQ? Not sure a good TAG plays KQ like this (would probably be smart enough to fold preflop, but OP admits he's been running at a tilt induced 30/20).

mattnxtc
09-23-2006, 12:41 PM
98s is almost never in his range...kj maybe...but ak and kk are the most likely...its still an autocall though

Jigsaws
09-23-2006, 12:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about hands like AK and KQ? Not sure a good TAG plays KQ like this (would probably be smart enough to fold preflop, but OP admits he's been running at a tilt induced 30/20).

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a note: I don't think I did any 3-bets preflop at all while he was at the table. So this 3-bet should still look legitimate. I don't know about his ability to push draws.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a note: I don't think I did any 3-bets preflop at all while he was at the table. So this 3-bet should still look legitimate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if villain can differentiate between raises and reraises. I definitely couldn't for a while and kept getting annoyed that the villain always seemed to have it when the pot was that much bigger!

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 12:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That makes this a call. But 98s, AK, KQ, and maybe KJ are also in his range (making it even more a call). Hands like JTs, 98s, 76s and Kxs are less likely to call PF, while hands like KK/99/88 might not play so fast. If Villain did play the sets fast, props to him, but I think you see a single K in his hand way too often to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but I really really doubt a good TAGs range is this wide here. And why wouldn't he play his set fast? It's pretty obious that hero likes his hand IMO.

mattnxtc
09-23-2006, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Just as a note: I don't think I did any 3-bets preflop at all while he was at the table. So this 3-bet should still look legitimate. I don't know about his ability to push draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

youll find at the micros that these people dont even notice or understand the kidn of strength you showed...ak will always make this move... He almost never has you on a range of hands and all he sees is that he has a king with an ace kicker and thinks hes got a huge hand..

SimonAllan
09-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Unless you think villain would fold AK preflop here, I think you have to call.

I would also make the pre-flop reraise bigger to reduce his implied odds if he happens to flop a set.

EMc
09-23-2006, 01:10 PM
Villain is not calling PF with KQ or KJ.

I think since you have the A of hearts, you have a good re-draw if you are behind.

Im still torn on whether this is a fold. This hand will really be better if you had a read. As is, I probably would call in the heat of the moment and wonder too, but I think a call is +EV.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 01:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is not calling PF with KQ or KJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain definitely calls with KQs most of the time and probably KQo. OP has said that he is running at 30/20 so probably pushing the table around a lot and asking for people to play back and call wider.

SubaruSTiMike
09-23-2006, 01:19 PM
with 18 percent preflop raise and a 20 vpip, I think 88 or 99 is quite likely, and KK would probably reraise or push preflop as usually AA vs KK becomes all in preflop anyways, the draw is not as likely since hero is holding the A of heart and AK could be in his range but a good TAG probably would not play for stacks with that UNLESS hero's been really aggro postflop and villain is trying to punish the cbet. Most likely 88 or 99 trying to overprotect his hand. You've showed a lot of strength and he's not scared at all. I would fold this. Do you usually pot cbets because a pot on the flop seems like a made hand.

kaz2107
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
i think given that u cbet most/all the time (as i assume u do) and villian is decent and probably realizes this i think i make a call here. i can see villian having AK a lot and KQ a lil bit to make this profitable enough for me

Shaddux
09-23-2006, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
youll find at the micros that these people dont even notice or understand the kidn of strength you showed...ak will always make this move... He almost never has you on a range of hands and all he sees is that he has a king with an ace kicker and thinks hes got a huge hand..

[/ QUOTE ]
I completely agree and I think you will see AK here very often.

Jigsaws
09-23-2006, 02:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you usually pot cbets because a pot on the flop seems like a made hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. UB has a 'bet pot' button, and I've found that smaller bet sizes have villains play back at me a lot more. I may go back to 3/4 pot on sites without that button.

Jigsaws
09-23-2006, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im still torn on whether this is a fold. This hand will really be better if you had a read. As is, I probably would call in the heat of the moment and wonder too, but I think a call is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, I wish I had a read too - but I haven't seen him go past the flop since he's been at the table. I was actually about to making the crying call myself, but I was too late and UB had already folded for me.

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 02:45 PM
What do you guys think about potting the flop after a rr preflop? I generally don't like PSBs because the pot is allready so big. My standard betsizes are 3/4-pot and 4/5-pot.