PDA

View Full Version : AQ SB vs. BB

testaaja
09-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Villain is 38/12/5 over 40 hands.
Should I even be betting? This turn card is so bad IMO, if I bet I think I have to do it on flop. Thoughts?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
SB $26~
Hero covers
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, SB calls.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($12, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>

avfletch
09-23-2006, 10:06 AM
Why did you check the flop?

testaaja
09-23-2006, 10:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you check the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that he has me beaten thus I wanted to see if he checks twice to me. (first time he raises my bb)

I think that betting flop &gt; betting turn.

n1nj4.br
09-23-2006, 10:12 AM
I dont think checking flop is that bad.

But i would check turn and call a river bet, and value bet a checked river.

avfletch
09-23-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't think you get that information playing it this way. If you check and he checks again then I'd be pretty confident that you are ahead but if you check and he bets I wouldn't really know how to take it.

Personally I'm potting the flop and letting him take the guess about made hand vs cbet then looking to check behind on the turn to control the size of the pot and probably picking off his river bet.

Three Sigma
09-23-2006, 10:31 AM
Absolutely c-bet this flop. All kinds of bad things could come on the turn. If he calls a c-bet and that J comes on the turn, check behind to limit the size of the pot.

munkey
09-23-2006, 11:13 AM
Almost 90% auto cbet if I'm reraising pflop.

You gotta bet that flop - 2 tone and 2 to str8 and 2 broadway - try and grab it now, then shutdown unless you hit.

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I like the way you played it. In a RR pot, you don't have to worry nearly as much about FDs and JT type hands. The flop check looks really strong, so it might disuade him from trying to semi/bluff you off your hand.

uminchu
09-23-2006, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Absolutely c-bet this flop. All kinds of bad things could come on the turn. If he calls a c-bet and that J comes on the turn, check behind to limit the size of the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

worda

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that he has me beaten

[/ QUOTE ]
He doesen't necessarily know it. If you bet here, you can pretty safely shutdown to any resistance.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that betting flop &gt; betting turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why did you check the flop and bet turn?? Doesn't compute...

Sir Winalot
09-23-2006, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the way you played it. In a RR pot, you don't have to worry nearly as much about FDs and JT type hands. The flop check looks really strong, so it might disuade him from trying to semi/bluff you off your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm just stupid but could you explain the bold thingy?

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP reraised PF. Reraised pots in SSNL mean big, big hands. So seeing K and Q on board + PF raiser NOT c-betting can easily mean KK/QQ.

testaaja
09-23-2006, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then why did you check the flop and bet turn?? Doesn't compute...

[/ QUOTE ]
Because as soon as I had checked I was like OMGOMG I SHOULDA BET THERE [censored]

avfletch
09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

OP reraised PF. Reraised pots in SSNL mean big, big hands. So seeing K and Q on board + PF raiser NOT c-betting can easily mean KK/QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true for a thinking villain most just can't think about anything much that has gone before and won't make the leap from flop check after reraise to big hand. They are far more likely to go blind battle -&gt; flop check -&gt; OMG WEAK!

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

While this may be true for a thinking villain most just can't think about anything much that has gone before and won't make the leap from flop check after reraise to big hand. They are far more likely to go blind battle -&gt; flop check -&gt; OMG WEAK!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Maybe you're right.

ZingyDNA
09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
38/12/5 with half a buyin?
rr pre a little more(call if he pushes back, obviouly) and push flop.