PDA

View Full Version : AK in multiway pot, line check.

n1nj4.br
09-23-2006, 09:05 AM
Well, i do have the stats for villian in this hand, but when the hand happened, I had my PAHUD filtered to fullring, so he had a nit stats, like 14/3, that's why I just called pf.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $75.15
Hero: $87.60
CO: $50
Button: $63.20
SB: $77.10
BB: $60.65

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($9, 5 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls, 3 folds.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ($19, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks. <font color="blue">standard, right?</font>

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($19, 2 players)
UTG checks, Hero ? <font color="blue">Value bet 10? More? Less? Check?</font>

nyc999
09-23-2006, 09:48 AM
I don't think the turn check is necessarily standard - you have position, feel free to use it. I rather bet the turn/check the river instead of giving villain a free card. As played, put in a value bet of around $12 and hope villain doesn't have JJ.

PietM
09-23-2006, 09:50 AM
Wouldn't villain bet out here with JJ, after Hero checked the turn? After two checks I suppose you're ahead often enough to make a valuebet here. $12 seems ok to me.

nyc999
09-23-2006, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldn't villain bet out here with JJ, after Hero checked the turn? After two checks I suppose you're ahead often enough to make a valuebet here. $12 seems ok to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I wrote that more as a way to emphasize why I would bet the turn and not give a free card. You can always shut down after called on the turn.

PietM
09-23-2006, 09:54 AM
I agree, a bet on the turn should be better, and then you can check behind on the river.

n1nj4.br
09-23-2006, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the turn check is necessarily standard - you have position, feel free to use it. I rather bet the turn/check the river instead of giving villain a free card. As played, put in a value bet of around $12 and hope villain doesn't have JJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian most likely has 2-3outs if he is behind, so i dont think we really have to worry about "not giving a free card".

The reason checking the turn is that a lot of villians range (pp&lt;K) will most likely fold to a turn bet, BUT, if I check and bet a checked river, they would be more inclined to call me.
edit: And checking the turn u control the size of the pot AND might induce worse hands to fire on river

avfletch
09-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Looks standard to me. I disagree with betting the turn because the board is just so dry. I'd expect to be massively ahead here. If we check then he may make a small river bet that we can pick off.

On the river I'm betting about half pot and hoping it had something like AJ. He might even call you with something like TT/QQ but I'm not expecting to see him call too often.

kerplunkNL
09-23-2006, 10:44 AM
Is the flop flatcall also standard?

munkey
09-23-2006, 10:55 AM
I call preflop with AKo alot too.

Given his weak flop bet 5/9 (looks like cbet or lower than K pair) and we're HU I'm tempted to lead turn for 2/3.

As played definetly bet river 1/2 say 10$- though I doubt you're getting a call.

hockeyf
09-23-2006, 11:21 AM
nice played, i bet about 15

testaaja
09-23-2006, 11:43 AM
I valuebet turn. As you said, I like a RR pf, make it $3~. I like the flop call as played but bet $15 on turn. I make it atleast $10 on river as played.

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is the flop flatcall also standard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sort of. If Villain had lead for, say, $8, then definitely call. If you raise, most often you're only being called by better hands, while worse ones have little chance of improving if you just call.

uminchu
09-23-2006, 11:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

against the NIT here i check behind on turn standard cuz then they call your value bet on river with much less and makes you more fun to play with, but aggro opponent bet bet bet

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Villian most likely has 2-3outs if he is behind, so i dont think we really have to worry about "not giving a free card".

The reason checking the turn is that a lot of villians range (pp&lt;K) will most likely fold to a turn bet, BUT, if I check and bet a checked river, they would be more inclined to call me.
edit: And checking the turn u control the size of the pot AND might induce worse hands to fire on river

[/ QUOTE ]

You played this hand assuming he was a supernit. I don't know that a nit will pay off the river any more than the turn. So I think I'd lead the turn. But that's just me...

n1nj4.br
09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
Well, thanks for advice guys.

I think both betting and checking turn is acceptable. But i like check more.

I bet half pot and villian called with KJ (2pairs on the river).

MrMxyztplk
09-23-2006, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, thanks for advice guys.

I think both betting and checking turn is acceptable. But i like check more.

I bet half pot and villian called with KJ (2pairs on the river).

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain just c/c w/ top two on that board? Lucky you.