PDA

View Full Version : Bet sizing vs a shorty

Nuprin
09-22-2006, 11:34 PM
When I want to get all my chips in the center vs a shorty on the flop, what do you think is best? If you bet the pot, they're pretty much comitted and will call most anything. Or...is it better to just bet them all in and hope for the best? This is assuming you're heads up.

Perhaps it doesn't matter b/c if they like their hand enough, they're getting into the center anyway. I guess i'm more interested in getting them into the center with more marginal situations.

I started thinking about this b/c of this hand..

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($50)
CO ($52.95)
Button ($63.30)
SB ($13.85)
BB ($23.55)
UTG ($86.47)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.50. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $7</font>, SB calls $5.

Turn: ($15.50) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I realize at this point, he's in for the long haul, but should I have put him all in on the flop instead?

any ideas?

Colonel Kataffy
09-22-2006, 11:38 PM
On the flop, if he calls and you miss, do you still put the rest of your chips in?

Nuprin
09-22-2006, 11:48 PM
in my example, i think i'm still about 1/4 of hitting the straight or the flush and i did hit the 8 (as to whether it's good..that's another story..it probably isn't by itself) so i think i put it in, especially since it's only like 5 dollars more.

Colonel Kataffy
09-23-2006, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
in my example, i think i'm still about 1/4 of hitting the straight or the flush and i did hit the 8 (as to whether it's good..that's another story..it probably isn't by itself) so i think i put it in, especially since it's only like 5 dollars more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have point, but i'm having trouble getting it into words.

Chaos_ult
09-23-2006, 12:44 AM
This is not a marginal situation on the flop. You're probably a favorite. Vs. a shorty on this board i'm definitely looking to get all of his chips in.

I play it the same and put him in on the turn.