PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m: call duh bluff?

Jigsaws
09-22-2006, 02:04 PM
Villain's an alrightish multi-tabler: 38/7/3. I don't think he's especially good, but he does value bet his big hands. I've seen him make dumb bluffs with gutshots too, and picked off one of them.

We've been playing heads-up for maybe 30 hands. Our stacks haven't really moved in that time - I think we've been to showdown in a somewhat contested pot once - I won. He has to have some sort of hand to call my flop bet, but I don't think I can beat anything he's value betting. I think he'd prefer to check-call 66-TT. So is this a bluff often enough to call?

Ultimate Bet No-Limit Hold'em, $.50 BB (2 handed)

Hero ($88)
BB ($189.95)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB calls $1.

Flop: ($3) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($9) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($9) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $9</font>, Hero calls or folds?

bottomset
09-22-2006, 02:06 PM
fold

Gustav
09-22-2006, 02:22 PM
Not even close to often enough.

EMc
09-22-2006, 02:31 PM
Given your read I think this is a fold.

kaz2107
09-22-2006, 02:44 PM
heres my take on this hand. it looks like he either had an ace and was just floating on the flop and then wanted to check raise the turn, he had a straight draw and hit on the turn and then looked for a checkraise the turn, or he completely missed and is bluffing. i think at 50nl it is MUCH more likely the first 2 happened then he is just stabing at the pot on the river here.

rachkane
09-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Grunch:

Call that shiite. I put him on K2o

Jigsaws
09-22-2006, 04:26 PM
Results: Hero called like the station he is, and Villain showed his horribly misplayed 33.

demon102
09-22-2006, 04:33 PM
I woulda bet like half the pot on the turn to see where I am at with the check u cant really put him on a hand. He coulda called u with a medium pockey pair or just a small pair on the flop or a draw. Gotta keep betting to get info in this situation, more times than not hu ur hand is good here and a bet would let u know when he folds, calls, raises.

Jigsaws
09-22-2006, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I woulda bet like half the pot on the turn to see where I am at with the check u cant really put him on a hand. He coulda called u with a medium pockey pair or just a small pair on the flop or a draw. Gotta keep betting to get info in this situation, more times than not hu ur hand is good here and a bet would let u know when he folds, calls, raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting for information is nearly always wrong. Think about this: if I bet this turn, what worse hand is calling? What better hands are folding? If the answers are "none", and "all" respectively, it's a very bad idea to bet.

n1nj4.br
09-22-2006, 05:22 PM
Jiq, i would call here.

Isura
09-22-2006, 10:27 PM
Standard fold.

kerplunkNL
09-23-2006, 10:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Betting for information is nearly always wrong. Think about this: if I bet this turn, what worse hand is calling? What better hands are folding? If the answers are "none", and "all" respectively, it's a very bad idea to bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me don't understand. Why don't you want better hands to fold?

Jigsaws
09-23-2006, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me don't understand. Why don't you want better hands to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Brainfart... should be "none" and "none".