PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think I'll get a partial payment for Party VIP bonus

MicroBob
01-26-2006, 02:48 PM
There appears to be little chance that I'll finish my bonus by Friday at midnight.

I have about 10k points so far.

My offer was 26.2k points for $1680

If I get over 13k points I am hoping they decide to give me about half the money anyway.

If they don't give me a dime that's their right too of course. there was obviously nothing about partial-payments in the agreement.

Think I'll get at least something??

POKhER
01-26-2006, 02:53 PM
its party, lol no

But good luyck with it, Would be a nice gesture by party /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Try mailing them before hand maybe?

KingMedicine
01-26-2006, 02:55 PM
i emailed them a few days ago to ask for a partial payment and they told me to f-off.

umdpoker
01-26-2006, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There appears to be little chance that I'll finish my bonus by Friday at midnight.

I have about 10k points so far.

My offer was 26.2k points for $1680

If I get over 13k points I am hoping they decide to give me about half the money anyway.

If they don't give me a dime that's their right too of course. there was obviously nothing about partial-payments in the agreement.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't think they are doing that anymore, but the first month i recieved an offer, i missed the target by a few points, and they gave me the full amount anyways.

car ramrod
01-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I have heard of people getting partial payments, but that was for the first month. I would be interested to know if you do. I would send them an email, if I was in your spot.
gl

NoChance
01-26-2006, 06:07 PM
They may give you $400 but then ask for it back!

MicroBob
01-26-2006, 06:55 PM
This is obviously a much different situation than the first couple months where it was agreed upon originally that partial-payments would be made (and they even renegged on this in the November offer after the fact).

Dear Bob,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we cannot make any adjustments to the January VIP offer.
In the interest of fairness and continuity, no exceptions or partial
payments will be made. This is an all or nothing deal. We are very sorry
to hear that you have been too busy to achieve your January VIP target.

We wish you more luck on your February VIP offer.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the
VIP team.

Serkan
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

KingMedicine
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is obviously a much different situation than the first couple months where it was agreed upon originally that partial-payments would be made (and they even renegged on this in the November offer after the fact).

Dear Bob,

Thank you for contacting us.

Unfortunately we cannot make any adjustments to the January VIP offer.
In the interest of fairness and continuity, no exceptions or partial
payments will be made. This is an all or nothing deal. We are very sorry
to hear that you have been too busy to achieve your January VIP target.

We wish you more luck on your February VIP offer.

If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the
VIP team.

Serkan
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a form letter i believe - the same as i got. except they didnt call me bob.

MicroBob
01-26-2006, 07:47 PM
Why not?

KingMedicine
01-26-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not?

[/ QUOTE ]

i go by robert.

NickMPK
01-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Wow...that's almost 2,000 Party Points per day. Does anyone actually play that much?

AltarBoyCHA
01-27-2006, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question reminds me of the Simpsons Halloween episode when Homer was in the 3D world and they asked him what it was like. He said "has anyone seen that movie Tron"?, which was followed by about 20 seconds where everyone in the episode said "no". I have this picture in my mind of everyone that ever reads these message boards saying the same thing to this.

Poker_Hoar
01-27-2006, 03:36 AM
In the past there have been partial payouts for points promotions. People were very close to their targets.

Your best bet is to play more and hope for the best.

Good luck.

2+2 wannabe
01-27-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This question reminds me of the Simpsons Halloween episode when Homer was in the 3D world and they asked him what it was like. He said "has anyone seen that movie Tron"?, which was followed by about 20 seconds where everyone in the episode said "no". I have this picture in my mind of everyone that ever reads these message boards saying the same thing to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL awesome! good catch

no....no...no....no.....no....YES....wait no I mean no

stigmata
01-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Yeah, I got a fun friday night in store for me. about 3k points to go so I have to attempt to finish it really, just not looking forward to it.

Am I right in my caclulation that at 10/20 up, with silver status,

1 hand ~= 1 point?

So if I play ~3500 hands I should be fine? Oh boy, I've never played this much in a single day /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

TheMetetron
01-27-2006, 11:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I got a fun friday night in store for me. about 3k points to go so I have to attempt to finish it really, just not looking forward to it.

Am I right in my caclulation that at 10/20 up, with silver status,

1 hand ~= 1 point?

So if I play ~3500 hands I should be fine? Oh boy, I've never played this much in a single day /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit whining. I have about 7k to do today. I may actually make it.

sourbeaver
01-27-2006, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was about to ask "really?!", but then again you might not 10-table the 10/20.. Looks like you've got a 14-hour workday ahead of you /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

livinitup0
01-27-2006, 05:17 PM
way too much detail in this explination...it was still funny though.....mmmm.....erotic cakes.

MicroBob
01-27-2006, 05:36 PM
You should be close.

10/20 = 18 points per 20 raked-hands
This is 27 points for 20 raked-hands as silver.
Approximate 75% of hands raked on 10/20 (total guess).

You will be better off looking up your total of raked-hands in poker-tracker to be sure (game notes -> filter for $0.25 rake -> get all).

I'm still at around 10k points and needed over 26k for my bonus.
I don't even think it's worth trying to get 3k points today just on the off-chance that they MAYBE change their mind and decide to pay me almost half.

Kind of upset with myself for not budgeting my time better and knocking off more of this at the beginning of the promo.
but that's life. Lesson learned.
No $1580 bonus for me. And I'm going to be sure to make the appropriate adjustments next time around (assuming the offer is worthwhile).

for metetron - as far as I recall...you were supposed to be able to get $4k+ for your bonus. Surprised you didn't finish this off already. For that much I definitely would have made sure I made it.

Certainly worth trying to get all the way there if you think you can.

Nick-Zack
01-28-2006, 12:03 PM
I really hope that they end up being a little understanding for those of us that got close. My offer was $520 for 6150 points.

Like everything else in my life I put off playing until it was almost too late. Yesterday morning I added everything up and only had 3955 points so needed well over 2195 for the day to get there. I just checked and ended the day at 2080, short 115 from the goal.

Please Party be a little understanding /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tk79
01-28-2006, 01:33 PM
I was 2074 pts short as of yesterday and just played the 3/6 jackpot tables all day. Earned 2100 pts and $440(+$100 VIP reload). Not a bad day.