PDA

View Full Version : 22 in BB

TheHip41
01-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Villian is aggressivish. stats are
25/12/3 over 120 hands

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 18.25 BB

dseiler116
01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
What was the preflop raise? 1.00? (A 2/4 game carries $1/$2 blinds, right?)

Low pair, but only $1 more to go is a definite call. You are already staked $2.

Problem comes with the flop. CO bets, if he's got the K or a 4 your dead. I might have dumped the hand right there. Low probability you are catching another 2.

Raise on the river, maybe caught a flush? Please let us know how this turned out.

Good raise on the turn, but it didn't scare CO out. Definitely putting him on the K now. I don't think he's got a 4 based on his earlier 1 bets.

01-26-2006, 08:23 AM
I would c/r the flop. You are a big favorite and he is getting proper odds to draw out on you. And he may take a free card on the turn when you call a very ragged board, it wouldn't be surprising.

Since you didn't c/r the flop, i think you should lead the turn. As i said he may check behind with a lot of hands and he is not likely to be scared when you donk one of the safest cards in the deck. He will probably raise with most of the hands he would bet with allowing you to 3-bet.

And i don't like your river check. It's always peculiar to cap the turn and check the river.

To lead the river and call a bet is much better than c/r. He may check behind with some of his hands, but he can also have been on a flush draw or the somewhat far fetched KK. And in that case you are much better off calling a raise than a 3-bet. It's not a maniac.

EDIT: Also, about the turn c/r. When you do that, you are representing a 4. It's much more scary for him than had you just bet.

SecondBest
01-26-2006, 03:42 PM
What were you aiming for in calling the flop bet? Unless the villian is raising a lot of strange hands you're behind to any pocket pair, AK, and Kx. I can see him raising with AQ, AJ, maybe AT, QJ, JT and missing but there are a lot of hands where he hit and you're drawing to 2 outs. Even the hands he missed some could be suited hearts and have the Ace overcard.

I would fold on the flop.

I think your turn C/R is okay, though you could just call and then go for a C/R on the river as a flush card could be great for your hand at this point.

After his 3-bet on the turn I would start keep the possiblity of KK in my mind but he still may have A4 suited. But your play should look like a slow-played 4 to him.

I probably call the 3-bet on the river too and hope to see a four or flush in his hand not KK, 99 or 44.

TheHip41
01-26-2006, 05:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What were you aiming for in calling the flop bet? Unless the villian is raising a lot of strange hands you're behind to any pocket pair, AK, and Kx. I can see him raising with AQ, AJ, maybe AT, QJ, JT and missing but there are a lot of hands where he hit and you're drawing to 2 outs. Even the hands he missed some could be suited hearts and have the Ace overcard.

I think your turn C/R is okay, though you could just call and then go for a C/R on the river as a flush card could be great for your hand at this point.

After his 3-bet on the turn I would start keep the possiblity of KK in my mind but he still may have A4 suited. But your play should look like a slow-played 4 to him.

I probably call the 3-bet on the river too and hope to see a four or flush in his hand not KK, 99 or 44.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you fold the flop to this player in this situation at 2/4 you are giong to get run over. Seriously, 22 on a K44 board vs. an aggressive open raiser on the Button or CO, is going to be good way more often than not.

I was planning on check folding a A, K, Q, J, or T on the turn, and donking any card that wasn't a 2 or the aforementioned. I was going to c/r a 2.

If he called the turn bet, I'd see what the river brought, either bet/fold a bad one, or check/call a safe one.

Bicker
01-26-2006, 06:12 PM
Pre-flop -- fold. You don't have the odds for a set given the number of folds. How often, in your experience, does pocket two's win against two opponents? You know, much as I keep hoping, poker tracker tells the story all too clearly. All pocket pairs below 8 are losing propositions -- at least in my pokertracker.

Flop -- Fold. You've got a pair of two's and failed to make your set. You're drawing to 2 outs hoping that the villain pairs nothing. At best, a very marginal EV.

Turn: My favorite strategy -- suck out on the turn/river. I try to do this as often as possible. On the turn that you never should've been on, you're golden unless villain has pocket kings or K4. Since hero 3 bet you here, I'm guessing he wasn't on a flush draw. I'd be willing to take the chance of pocket kings. I'd be assuming he had Kx here and is feeling frisky given the paired board.

River: Possible flush completes. At this point your losing to Kxs and pocket kings. Villain would've had to be pretty fishy to 3 bet the flush draw on the turn but Kxs isn't out of the question.

I'm assuming you won against an idiot with Kx. Either that or you lost to a really unlucky KK/K4 or a really fishy flush play.

LImitPlayer
01-26-2006, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice, folding this flop is a big mistake and very weak. This is one of the better flops you could hope for with 22, I like this flop a lot with what you are holding.

His turn CR wasn't ok, it was probably the best play in my opinion. Against some players the bet -3 bet line works better but it depends on your opponent. Waiting for the river to CR a hand like this is a huge mistake and is costing you money, you may not get the chance to CR the river at all, he may check it thru. If he is on a flush draw hes staying to the river no matter what.

I am going to be opening from the cutoff with a lot more hand then the few hands you mentioned(and pretty much any TAGS opening raising standards are going to be much wider then you seem to think from that positon)

I am capping this river.

Frisbeedude
01-26-2006, 06:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm assuming you won against an idiot with Kx. Either that or you lost to a really unlucky KK/K4 or a really fishy flush play.

[/ QUOTE ]

He can't lose to a Flush, he has a FH

I like the turn play up until the 3 bet, here I call and call down the river.

KK I what I'm thinking with the PFR, not K4.

SecondBest
01-26-2006, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is bad advice, folding this flop is a big mistake and very weak. This is one of the better flops you could hope for with 22, I like this flop a lot with what you are holding.

His turn CR wasn't ok, it was probably the best play in my opinion. Against some players the bet -3 bet line works better but it depends on your opponent. Waiting for the river to CR a hand like this is a huge mistake and is costing you money, you may not get the chance to CR the river at all, he may check it thru. If he is on a flush draw hes staying to the river no matter what.

I am going to be opening from the cutoff with a lot more hand then the few hands you mentioned(and pretty much any TAGS opening raising standards are going to be much wider then you seem to think from that positon)

I am capping this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Two questions I have:

What range do you put the villian on given his behaviour?

And just wondering what other hands might you raise CO with?

Just for my own interest now in trying to understand your arguement.

toss
01-26-2006, 09:55 PM
I'm not sure about the flop call and I definitely don't like checkraising the river after capping the turn. What was your plan on the turn if you didn't hit a set?

TheHip41
01-27-2006, 06:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about the flop call and I definitely don't like checkraising the river after capping the turn. What was your plan on the turn if you didn't hit a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I already posted this earlier, but I will reply directly to you /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you fold the flop to this player in this situation at 2/4 you are giong to get run over. Seriously, 22 on a K44 board vs. an aggressive open raiser on the Button or CO, is going to be good way more often than not.

I was planning on check folding a A, K, Q, J, or T on the turn, and donking any card that wasn't a 2 or the aforementioned. I was going to c/r a 2.

If he called the turn bet, I'd see what the river brought, either bet/fold a bad one, or check/call a safe one.