PDA

View Full Version : Did Gold admit to collusion during Main Event?

Lawman007
09-12-2006, 01:24 PM
Somebody posted this alleged quote in another thread (I say alleged since I haven't seen the article yet) from an interview that Jamie Gold did with Bluff magazine that I find very disturbing:

(Talking about far out-chipping his competitors, even relatively early on) "So every day I'd come to the table and everyone would freak out, and there'd be this guy sitting next to me who was practically in tears because he knew [he] could never raise a hand. So I said, "No, listen, think about it like this: No one can raise you, because they're raising me after you. You're in a great spot, and here's the deal. In return for this protection, every time I tell you to lay down your hand, you lay down your hand. And they all said okay. So I would look at my cards before the guy to my right, and then I'd say, "OK, you're cool; proceed..." or "Nope. Lay it down.""

Somebody please explain to me how this is not collusion and why his prize money and title should not be taken back if he has admitted to doing this.

09-12-2006, 01:41 PM
I'll take a shot.

He was probably joking.

Killingbird
09-12-2006, 01:55 PM
That sounds like a detailed lie. I dont know...he can always fall back on the "I was just kidding" excuse, but if this is true...its a little disturbing. Though Im pretty sure lots of disturbing things happen at poker tournaments every day.

Kevmath
09-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Was there really a need to post this in 2 separate forums?