PDA

View Full Version : 2 party PPM V Million cruises for one person?

basco
01-25-2006, 07:39 PM
My crazy gambooling friend won a PPM V Million cruise package from party through one of their MTTs a while back. He received a confirmation email and has subsequently booked two additional guests.

Out of the blue, he got this email today:

"Hello lucksack!

Have we got fantastic news for YOU!

You are invited to join us on an amazing luxury seven day cruise to the stunning Caribbean! And whatýs more you can bring a partner!
No strings, no gimmicks ý just 100% fun and games for you, one of our most loyal members!

Your once-in-a-lifetime prize includes:
- Free entry to the $250,000 World Blackjack Championships worth $2,500
- A seven-day cruise package for two people on board MS Westerdam worth $2,500
- $800 spending money that will be deposited into your PartyPoker Account.
(These funds will be transferred to your PartyPoker.com Account in February 2006.)..."

So, it looks like he won two cruise packages, and this one appears to be for the World Blackjack Championships, while the previous one was for the poker tourney. He has played lots of blackjack at party, but not during the latest cruise promo.

How can 1 person win 2 cruise packages? You guys have any clue what Party will do?

bpb
01-25-2006, 07:44 PM
He won the second one during one of party's blackjack cruise giveaways.

I seem to recall reading in the fine print that if you've already won a PPM package, then all you win is the blackjack tournament entry ($2,500). You don't get a 2nd cruise or a 2nd $800 spending money.

jman220
01-25-2006, 08:45 PM
My god, he won it through blackjack? Didn't someone figure out that you essentially had to wager millions of dollars all together to get enough of those blackjack tickets or whatever to actually qualify? You're friend has some serious gambling issues.

basco
01-25-2006, 09:33 PM
He's getting better... he hasn't played since qualifying...

and no, I'm not talking about myself in the 3rd person. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

UATrewqaz
01-25-2006, 10:29 PM
Remind him to downgrade his cabins, all of them, as often as possible....