PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my first $10,000 tourney

KingJackOff
09-06-2006, 07:00 PM
I am playing in the World Poker Finals at Foxwoods in mid-november and I have a couple of questions.

Based on last year's event, there were 783 players. Foxwoods says that Day One begins at 10 AM, and day 2 and 3 begin at noon. It also states that play will go until "approx. 1 AM". I assume that Day 3 will go until there are six left, because the final table is Day 4 at 4 PM. My question is, how many players can I expect to be remaining at the end of day 1 and day 2?

I'm afraid that my 2nd question is another dealer tipping question. It states on the form that 3% of the total prize pool os being withheld for "Tournament Staff". Should the winner pay an additional tip on top of that? ( I realize I'm getting ahead of myself a little, I was just curious.)

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Assani Fisher
09-06-2006, 11:49 PM
Nobody should look down on you for not tipping when they're withholding 3% already, but you can if you feel like you want to.

AcesUp
09-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Generally, expect Day 1 to play 6-8 rounds (90 minutes each), and get down to about half the field.

Day 2 will likely play down to the money (top 10% of the field).

And Day 3 will play down to the final 6.

-Aces

betgo
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid that my 2nd question is another dealer tipping question. It states on the form that 3% of the total prize pool os being withheld for "Tournament Staff". Should the winner pay an additional tip on top of that? ( I realize I'm getting ahead of myself a little, I was just curious.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. That's positive thinking. Why not just ask Vince Van Patten?

KingJackOff
09-08-2006, 04:43 AM
Aces-
Thanks for the info.

-King

Ray_bob
09-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Im a dealer. would just like to say if you just barely make it in to the money dont worry about tipping. However if you win big dont forget the dealers. we do appreciate thanks.

Ray