PDA

View Full Version : Expert play in an underground cardroom

solids
09-01-2006, 06:47 PM
another 2p2'er, J-Mac, and i went to an underground place in NYC last night. here are some memorable hands and genius play at 1/2nl:

hand 1: j-mac is dealt 53o in the BB. i fold, 7 limpers. flop is Ad5c3d. j-mac leads for close to the pot, retard #1 minraises, retard #2 calls, folds around to j-mac, who pushes, both 'tards call. turn is a 9h, river is an Ah. j-mac sighs and flips over aces and 5s, both tards muck. pair of 5s: ship it.

hand 2: i fold rags, dumb asian dude raises, some other guy reraises, 5 callers, including dumb asian. flop is 445r. check to the raiser, he pots it, folds to asian, who raises. other guy pushes, asian calls. asian flips over j4o for 3 of a kind. other guy flips over JJ. asian then says, "you wanna do business?" other guy immediately says yes. pot is about $400, and asian agrees to give the guy $50 insurance and both fold their hands. nothing like giving up $50 as a 98% favorite...

hand 3: aggro and tilting bitch drops 3 buy ins in a half an hour. she's in a foul mood and keeps buying back in. then this gem comes up: tard limps pf. bitch raises to $20. a few callers, including tard. flop is 10 2 5r. check to the bitch, who raises hard. folds to tard, who minraises. bitch pushes, he calls. pot is ~$500. turn is a 5, river is a 10. bitch flips over AA, tard flips over 57o. bitch then sits at the table for 15 minutes, doesn't rebuy, berates the tard, and complains how she has the worst luck.

cliffs notes for tl;dr'ers: the majority of people who play in underground games are retarded.

Dan87
09-01-2006, 06:53 PM
Every story makes sense except the berating of the "bitch". There must be more you're not telling us, because losing with aces to someone who called a 10xBB raise preflop with 5-7o would probably tilt almost all low stake players, especially after already dropping 6 bills. Was she just a real bitch all around or just an aggressive player so you hated her?

solids
09-01-2006, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every story makes sense except the berating of the "bitch". There must be more you're not telling us, because losing with aces to someone who called a 10xBB raise preflop with 5-7o would probably tilt almost all low stake players, especially after already dropping 6 bills. Was she just a real bitch all around or just an aggressive player so you hated her?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i loved her. she was horribly bad and paying everyone off. but yes, she was a geniune bitch from the start. seemed to have a stick up her ass the entire time.

Gary Stevenson
09-01-2006, 07:05 PM
good stories

samster
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
If a person were to go to NYC, how would you go about finding a game to play in? Are they safe?

solids
09-01-2006, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a person were to go to NYC, how would you go about finding a game to play in? Are they safe?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah they are genereally safe from what i've seen. i haven't noticed any cheating and they pat you down when you go in.

also, you need to know someone who's a member of the club to get you in. pm me if you are ever interested in checking it out.