PDA

View Full Version : Ashamed to be from San Antonio

killerclone
09-01-2006, 12:44 PM
I am a San Antonio resident and poker player who played in this years WSOP as well as many other major events. I am an active player in the world of online poker and live within 5 miles of Richard Lee. I was very surprised to see Mr. Lee's outlook on the city of San Antonio during the last few days of the WSOP. He was prominent on supporting and promoting this city throughout the entire WSOP. He turned down a six figure payday so that he would be seen on a nation level promoting the city in which we both reside in. I have lived in San Antonio off and on for about 25 years only to have moved during college and job relocation. 18% of San Antonio is habitable and the rest is a nightmare. Most people are proud of the city that they are from but I can say with great ease that I am ashamed. The crime rate over that past few years is on the rise. The city is filthy and our police force is more corrupt than the LAPD. Money talks in this city and that’s why Mr. Lee had such an extensive investigation. Every day in this city someone is shot or being shot at. Southside, Westside, And Eastside are filled with gangs and violent individuals that drive the upstanding citizens into a life of fear. Many of us live on the North sides of town and only travel to the "other sides" when the Spurs play or our jobs require us to do so. Many other sporting organizations are disgusted with this city after playing here because of the fact that our SBC center is plopped right in the center of the Eastside and is surrounded by section 8 and crime. The city is divided and the city officials care only about 1 thing. Money! Growing up in this city I experienced and was the victim of numerous amounts of crime. From property crime to assault and vandalism, I have filed numerous amounts of police reports and never once was anything done. I own several small business throughout the city and have seen armed robberies and break ins occur to several surrounding business'. In every case but one nothing was done and the crimes went with no news coverage and no investigation. The city is so rampant with this type of crime that the news would not have enough time to cover every story even if they were given a 24 hour set. I plan on moving from this city and I am currently awaiting some of my business leases to expire. You may be asking yourself why I am writing this article and here is why. Please note that here is where I get angry and vulgar. Viewer discretion is advised. I am furious that my tax dollars go to a city that is stuck in a 1940's time capsule. It’s embarrassing to wake up everyday and see a city full of [censored] bags and criminals that walk the street rampant. We have a city full of violent criminals, thieves, and just plain lazy trash that cost hard working tax payers such as myself and Mr. Lee millions a year. Our city has so much filth and crime that it makes me sick. Pure vile steams from the gut of this putrid city and every day I spend here is another day I have spent in the pits of hell. When we have 800,000 worthless pieces of donkey feces occupying the majority of this city and we spend tens of thousands of tax payer dollars to arrest and seize the property of a man who just gave one million dollars to the San Antonio children’s fund turns my stomach. Victimless crimes like this are the only crimes this city cares about because they are the only crimes that are worth their weight in gold. Why Mr. Lee took so much pride and wanted to promote this city on national TV is beyond me but I can bet his views have changed greatly. This city makes my sick and we progress backward every year. This city has nothing to offer anyone and I will be in bliss once I have left. Richard Lee is a good man with good morals and that is more than I can say for anyone who resides in this armpit of a city. I will always be proud that I am a Texan but ashamed that I am from San Antonio. To all of those I have offended I apologize but I had to get this off my chest because I have never felt more anger about any other issue.

binions
09-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Welcome to the forum, Richard. Congrats on your WSOP finish, and good luck against the fuzz.

JMa
09-01-2006, 01:28 PM
you may consider using paragraphs

DeeMo
09-01-2006, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welcome to the forum, Richard. Congrats on your WSOP finish, and good luck against the fuzz.

[/ QUOTE ]

someone didn't read the post...

Joe O
09-01-2006, 02:00 PM
tl;dr

gettym
09-01-2006, 02:18 PM
this post sucks, san antonio would be better without you.

JackOfSpeed
09-01-2006, 02:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

Foucault
09-01-2006, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

someone didn't read the post...

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone doesn't get it...

niss
09-01-2006, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words ...

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.smoky.sytes.net/resources/apple_keyboard.jpg

Pleased to meet you.

Imrahil
09-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Thanks, I will never live in San Antonio now.

Kovner
09-01-2006, 03:36 PM
Huh? I've lived in San Antonio for 16 years (mostly in Austin the past few years) and its a great city.
All of the problems you describe are characteristic of any big city - crime rates, gangs, etc.
I live on the North Side but it is definitely not the only nice place in SA to live.
I, for one, have never been the victim of crime, and I enjoy everything San Antonio has to offer.

TexRef
09-01-2006, 03:55 PM
San Antonio is a great city! I live in Houston, but my company has our main office there and I have visited often and I've never encountered the city that is described here.

DonkTilt
09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I heard that San Antonio Hired a new Police Sherrif.

Any Validity to that statement?

http://data1.blog.de/blog/p/parametric/img/branskik.jpg

Praetor
09-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Use paragraphs and it might be readable

Miamipuck
09-02-2006, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tl;dr

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Paragraphs are your friend!

PocketChads
09-02-2006, 09:14 PM
i stopped reading when i got to "the city in which we both live in"

wtf how do you wake up in the morning in which you wake up in?

Gomez
09-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Please don't move to my area.

In other news he hates Kathy Liebert too.

Beavis68
09-03-2006, 12:44 PM
shouldnt this be in NVG?

wiper
09-03-2006, 06:44 PM
pretty much how i pictured it.