PDA

View Full Version : Tourney hand (S/8)

Alchemist
01-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Game is tight-aggressive. No one sees 4th for just the BI.

How many mistakes here? I should have completed the BI.
If it was anyone else besides AndyB I probably bet 6th, but Andy doesn't fold (he did have a pair after all).

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level IV (75/150), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.htm))

Andy_B: 1,621
Seat 3: 1,946
Hero: 1,481
Seat 7: 711
Seat 8: 1,741

3rd Street - (1.00 SB)

Andy_B: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street - (3.00 SB)

Andy_B: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks___calls

5th Street - (2.50 BB)

Andy_B: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

6th Street - (4.50 BB)

Andy_B: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks

River - (4.50 BB)

Andy_B: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___calls
Hero: 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets

Total pot: (6.50 BB)

Results:
Total pot 975

Results:
<font color="white">
Andy_B: [7d 8s 6s 3c 7s Td 5d] (HI: a pair of Sevens; LO: 8,7,6,5,3)

Hero: [4h 6h 2c 7c 4c Jc As] (HI: a pair of Fours; LO: 7,6,4,2,A) </font>

Andy B
01-25-2006, 12:58 AM
You played it fine, and I probably would have folded if you had bet sixth. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

benwood
01-25-2006, 01:17 AM
It may be that the way you played it was the best,but I'm not sure.It feels like some aggression was needed somewhere.

One option would be to re-raise third.Your hand is competitive with the range of hands he would raise with in this position for sure.

Or maybe bet into him on either 4th or 6th.

Scott Y.
01-25-2006, 02:39 AM
You might consider raising 5th. You have many outs when behind, and your hand looks a lot like a 4-low, 4-flush and may force Villain to fold immediately, or to a scary board on 6th (like the J/images/graemlins/club.gif). This line could also lead to a free showdown or river bluff UI.

Aaron W.
01-25-2006, 04:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I should have completed the BI.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean coming in for the full bring in? Was that an effective way of taking down a pot uncontested? I think I would rather limp in and re-raise on 3rd. I would also have raised 5th.

Alchemist
01-25-2006, 10:08 AM
The concensus is that I should have played it more aggressively and I agree. Since Andy kept catching decent cards I hesitated.

Andy, do you think your bet on 5th was kind of thin? What's your plan if I raise you here?

Andy B
01-25-2006, 09:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Andy, do you think your bet on 5th was kind of thin?

[/ QUOTE ]

To put it politely.

[ QUOTE ]
What's your plan if I raise you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call and hope you catch another small club so that I can save a couple of bets.