PDA

View Full Version : AK Turn Action on bad board

carniplant
01-01-2006, 10:09 PM
BB is loosse passive 26/5/1 throught ~400 hands(mostly datamined)
UTG+1 is unknown this is his first orbit

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero ??

Based on BB's stats and my observations of him this session i don't think he's semi-bluffing when he raises the turn(unless he has exactly AJ/Q/images/graemlins/club.gif),His most likely hand is 2 pair/set and the str8.UTG i've probably got beat here always ,but it's hard to say if how many outs he has because i can't put him on a hand at all. I'm getting 9.5:2 on a call down.

Is always calling this down a leak?

Nick Royale
01-01-2006, 10:49 PM
He's not that loose/passive, calling down is standard.

Alexthegreat
01-01-2006, 11:05 PM
You are getting 9/5:1 on your call on the turn. Calling the turn is certainly standard. I would see what comes on the river before I decide to call.

carniplant
01-02-2006, 01:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not that loose/passive, calling down is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it really that standard vs this opponent with that board?? I'll be honnest with you I usually call this down 100%(unless he's a rock) without much thought because it's the "default" 2+2 way(TP+Big Pot ect..) But lately i've been thinking that this might be my biggest leak , not ajusting enought to the board/read , guess I was wrong as another poster also thinks this is a call down. Anyways I did call down as usual and lost to 2 pair.

Reef
01-02-2006, 01:54 AM
ug, looks like UTG+1 also has a flush draw. maaaybe a 9. Your redraw is looking Very slim. Im leaning towards folding the turn. If it was heads up I'd probably call down. I just put up a note afterwards

W. Deranged
01-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Your hand is going to be good here a good portion of the time and the pot is big. You definitely need to call the turn.

It is likely, though, that one or both of your opponents has a big draw. You should plan on checking the river and reevaluating. Any J, 9, 6, or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif river should give you pause, and any T or /images/graemlins/club.gif a bit less so. If a dangerous card comes, and it goes bet, raise, you should fold. If a blank comes and it goes bet, fold, you should clearly call. In the myriad other situations, you're going to have to use your judgment. In a big pot, though, err on the side of calling unless the river is very scary.