PDA

View Full Version : Party $400 revisited

ImsaKidd
01-24-2006, 07:35 PM
Party just called me saying they want me to make a $400 deposit (I cashed out the $400 downgrade a couple weeks ago).

Anyone else get a call about this (I know Tony Paladino and Ron Burgundy cashed out too, don;t know about the rest of you.)

Is there anything they can do besides keep calling me to get the $400 back? The Indian lady said "I really think you should give it back". I almost cracked up laughing right then.

Flame on about "OMG PARTY ACCOUNT > $400", "YOU'RE A LOSING PLAYER, FISH!!!", etc. I know it's coming.

UATrewqaz
01-24-2006, 07:39 PM
The only thing you can do is play completely dumb.

"All I did was cash out my account, I really didn't notice the extra money, I was just cashing out my money" etc etc etc.

I'm guessing Party gives up eventually.

However you have to ask yourself if $400 is worth never playing on Party again.

(aka they'll have a big $200 reload you'll miss out on, then the next $200 reload you miss that will be the $400, then every other promotion from then out will be loss, and this does nto even factor in loss of access to the fishy games...

oh and don't forget those super valuable Party Points)

Ron Burgundy
01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
I posted my phone call in the zoo in that bigass thread.

Ken_AA
01-24-2006, 08:08 PM
I want to know what happened to the people who gamboooled it away. at the time this happened i only had 48 bucks in my account. I would have bought into 2 200+15's and tried my luck.

Ken

ImsaKidd
01-24-2006, 10:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I posted my phone call in the zoo in that bigass thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, that was gold. "what are you, some kind of indian giver?"

I've been playing dumb BTW. I hate the party interface and dont plan on playing there anytime soon.

Bulbarainey
01-25-2006, 12:45 AM
I think it is worth it to find someone else's NT account to use and say screw em

thedustbustr
01-25-2006, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it is worth it to find someone else's NT account to use and say screw em

[/ QUOTE ]
you can use mine for $200

;-)

iSTRONG
01-25-2006, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I would have bought into 2 200+15's and tried my luck.

Ken

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did & I lost.

I got a phone call as well... and I told them to lick my balls. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I don't wanna play somewhere that's so careless with their own money... what happens the day you wake up to find that all the money in your account has been given away because of a bug.

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I have been called twice in 3 weeks, asking me when I am depositing again. I closed my account a week or so agao, so last night when they called again, they asked me to Western Union the money to them. I told them, if they ever leave Gibraltor(sp?) they can have my money. I also let them know that i lost more then 250 of the 400 on the BJ tables, so they have most of the money anyway. I hate party poker for many various reasons, software, support, "security" that only seems to catch innocent people in situational circumstances.

cardcounter0
01-25-2006, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there anything they can do besides keep calling me to get the $400 back?

[/ QUOTE ]

They could call Ramjeep Sanhamavi, the famous Indian hit man and put a contract out on you.
They could flood your mail box with magazine subscriptions you didn't subscribe to.
They could put sugar in your gas tank late one night.
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wslee00
01-25-2006, 01:34 PM
they made a mistake guys - you took money that wasn't yours. If partypoker made a mistake the other way - i'm sure they would make amends to give it back - i don't see how this is even an issue

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 01:46 PM
the point of this post was to discuss what Party can do and what actions they are taking, or more along the lines of nonaction. NOT to discuss, again, whether you think we should make amends. because obviously, we aren't. and just to clarify, i didnt TAKE anything. Party made a mistake and GAVE me 400 by accident. They also told me i won a cruise trip, and then took it back. so, by your definition, do they owe me a cruise?

cokehead
01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
so you took the $400 which party gave you?

ImsaKidd
01-25-2006, 02:04 PM
Anyone know the rules on how much they can call me? I feel like shooting them an email "I do not wish to recieve any more phone calls from Party Poker". Is this similiar to asking to be put on the telemarketers do not call list?

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i USED the money party GAVE me on blackjack. so, i GAVE the money back.

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 02:57 PM
imsaKidd... they can call you as often as they wish. you, voluntarily, gave them your information unlike a telemarketer who has recieved your information from a third party or what have you. Unless you take legal action, which you cant and wont, then they can call you all day everyday. being a paralegal, I know that they have no legal claim to the money they GAVE to you.

just ignore any number with area code 206.

jman220
01-25-2006, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
imsaKidd... they can call you as often as they wish. you, voluntarily, gave them your information unlike a telemarketer who has recieved your information from a third party or what have you. Unless you take legal action, which you cant and wont, then they can call you all day everyday. being a paralegal, I know that they have no legal claim to the money they GAVE to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. There are laws governing the fair practice of debt collection. They cannot in fact call him as much as they want if he no longer wishes to be called. You can file a complaint to the approriate US Agency (I'm not positive which one it is). You do not have to take legal action yourself.

cardcounter0
01-25-2006, 03:24 PM
and when the appropriate US Agency finds out you are talking about a Gilbratar based company they will have their laugh for the day.

emon87
01-25-2006, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

unless you know anyone from Seattle.

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and when the appropriate US Agency finds out you are talking about a Gilbratar based company they will have their laugh for the day.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, if a US company was doing this... then yes you would have a case for them to stop calling you. a company outside of US jurisdiction, well thats between you and the company.

PlayaHata
01-25-2006, 04:41 PM
seatle is 206? everytime party calls me its from a 206 number

Homer
01-25-2006, 06:10 PM
I also let them know that i lost more then 250 of the 400 on the BJ tables, so they have most of the money anyway.

Brilliant logic. Hey buddy, can I borrow $400 to play BJ against you? Don't worry, if I lose you'll get your money back. http://www.short-media.com/forum/images/smilies/headscratch.gif

Homer
01-25-2006, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a [censored] moron.

JackOfSpeed
01-25-2006, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a [censored] moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. Most of the people who stole this $400 from party are just unethical (which is a judgment I'm uncomfortable making generally, but this seems like a pretty clearcut case), but a few of these folks are extremely dumb AND unethical.

jman220
01-25-2006, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they will not laugh at you when they find out that a foreign company is harassing you by constantly calling you when you no longer wish to be called...

I'm assuming that Party is calling from some sort of number that is routed through a US number.