PDA

View Full Version : Stationary Bike while playing

Some Pig
01-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Has anyone here played online while working out on a stationary bike. I think it makes sense to play while sitting on a stationary bike at the same time. You get a good work out plus some playing time.

Colonel Kataffy
01-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Hmmm...Well I certainly wouldnt' be able to six-table.

surfinillini
01-24-2006, 08:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone here played online while working out on a stationary bike. I think it makes sense to play while sitting on a stationary bike at the same time. You get a good work out plus some playing time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think your focus would be lower...for example, I cannot study for tests while on an exercise bike...

RiverTheNuts
01-24-2006, 08:12 PM
I would think misclicks would be abundant if you're moving around and not concentrating as much

Tony_P
01-25-2006, 03:30 AM
There is a post in the Internet Gambling forum about someone who modified an excer-bike to hold his laptop, and has 2-tables successfully.

Nickelcity
01-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Here (http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread.php?t=165251) is a thread on a bicycle forum I belong to.

donkeyradish
01-25-2006, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I emphatically recommend you do NOT do this.

It makes you 2 tired.

Big Bend
01-25-2006, 03:23 PM
i've been wanting to do this. Get a notebook and a gamepad, use autohotkey macros to use the gamepad for clicking the bet/raise, call/check and fold buttons. works great for limit games. NL where you have to type in the raise amounts or use the slider won't work as good.

L8r... BB

ottsville
01-25-2006, 04:35 PM
a recumbent would be sweet for this....

Some Pig
01-25-2006, 08:57 PM
http://iconfitness.speedera.net/www.iconfitness.com/icon/Proform/2003/images/DRC3994.jpg

pokerjedi
01-27-2006, 06:26 PM
i think you'd start to get a headache. i work out and prefer riding the bike at the gym. i bring a book, and before i even get to the next paragraph i'm already feeling dizzy because of the movement and concentration. but that's just me.

it is a good idea, though. makin money and stayin fit...nice combo /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ottsville
01-27-2006, 07:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
before i even get to the next paragraph i'm already feeling dizzy because of the movement and concentration.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good thing you don't have to balance on it as well...

mockingbird
01-27-2006, 11:54 PM
I just got a recumbent bike and am considering this. Dont know yet how I will set it up.

The only thing is - I've done some excersices on the floor before when I was playing ( one table ) and I didnt really concentrate very well. It does seem to adversely affect play. I might reconsider.

Maybe I will just set up a schedule of breaks or at least one break when I ride the bike.

Let me know if you figure out a way that works for you.

Paul2432
01-28-2006, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the others that this would definitely be sub-optimal.

One thought, to make it more interesting, hook up the bike to an electric generator to power the computer. If you stop pedaling, you lose power and shutdown the computer (folding all hands).

Paul

Victor
01-28-2006, 10:22 PM
i do it routinely. im up money.