PDA

View Full Version : Sketchy Play

The Worm
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
I know poker players are not the most moral and trust worthy people, but what happened last night while playing some 10-20 really doesnt sit well with me.

I was made a aware a little while back that in limit poker games, if you get disconnected, you will be considered all in at the point at which you disconnected. Which is different from NL and PL, where you can't be put all in and end up check/folding the hand to a bet. While playing some 7 card last night, a player made a comment last night how he only had 1 disconnect left (meaning you are given so many in a given seesion or day). About 2 minutes later he was involved in a hand in which he had a straight draw against a paired door card in a 3 way pot. While this was going on he was talking about how he likes to disconnect, and said something to the effect "lol, like now". His clock then ran down and he was put all in (at this point the pot was around 200). He did suckout on the trip queens, and won 200 of the 350 pot.

Is this something that a lot of people do in 7 card? Am I being cheated if I am not doing it? I consider myself a moral person and wouldnt feel right winning pots I dont deserve too, but if the majority of the people playing are doing it, then I feel I am losing out. Your thought on this topic guys and girls.

jon_1van
01-24-2006, 05:30 PM
If he discussed doing this very soon before he "timed out" report him.

He should be banned.

The Worm
01-24-2006, 05:35 PM
I did. I gave hand number but that doesnt involve the conversation the table was having. He also uses at least 2 names, which presents another problem. Easy for him to keep playing under a different name or a different site.

Andy B
01-25-2006, 01:14 AM
This is highly unethical and should be reported to the site. I don't think that this is widespread, and I would certainly never resort to such tactics.

7csCB
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I agree you should report this type of behavior. But I think the software should be able to detect this type of behavior.

From what I recall of Party Poker, after 2 disconnects, you must reset to allow for 2 more disconnects. I am a little unclear of the purpose. Anybody know?

The Worm
01-25-2006, 06:56 PM
The reason this is done is so if a player is on a draw, against a person that has a good board, ie paired door card, flush or str8 cards showing they can still win the main pot. Which is the pot up until they disconnected and went all in. So say the Villain has 4 to a str8 on 5th, Player 2 has paired his door card and Player 3 is calling with a flush draw. The Villain can pull his internet cord and go all in. Thus if he catches and the other players dont, he will win the pot up to 5th.

The reason the all in is there is for people who actually get disconnected (which I think has happened to me once). It protects them from getting check/folded out of a hand. But I'm learning that more people do this than previously thought. Im writing to my site right now to have this tule changed so it is like NL and PL, where if you disconnected you fold. Sucks for us honest people, but it would keep the unethical ones from doing it.

ColdCaller
01-25-2006, 08:27 PM
What site is this on? It is a huge problem for Stud players specifically.

Andy B
01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
You're alloted a certain number of disconnects per 24-hour period, and also per week, I think. I had to take a day off recently because I used up my allotment. I think I've identified the problem....