PDA

View Full Version : Donks going AI on the first hand

CloudFrog
08-25-2006, 12:25 PM
A few friends of mine played this year (one of which cashed!), and nearly all of them said that someone at their table went all in on the first hand at some point and got busted....did anyone else see any of this? Any funny stories to relate?

otnemem
08-25-2006, 01:03 PM
How do you go all in on the first hand "at some point?"

CloudFrog
08-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I meant Pre Flop, Post Flop, Turn or River.

otnemem
08-25-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm an ass. Sorry, read it wrong...

Blizzardbaum
08-25-2006, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A few friends of mine played this year (one of which cashed!), and nearly all of them said that someone at their table went all in on the first hand at some point and got busted....did anyone else see any of this? Any funny stories to relate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that roughly 50% of the people who get all-in on the first hand of a tournament go bust.

theseus51
08-25-2006, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that roughly 50% of the people who get all-in on the first hand of a tournament go bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he said nearly all of the people that "went" all-in busted out. The people who called their all-ins, they must be relatively loose, since I doubt many of those calling had the nuts or close to it on the first hand.

MrFizzbin
08-25-2006, 04:56 PM
At the main event I suspect a large percentage of them are close calls, Set over Set, AA V KK, FH v FH....unlike the internet where 5 people limp and the button AI's to take the limpers chips. I can't see anybody doing this on Day 1 of the WSOP... doesnt mean it didnt happend (8k in people most donkernet players) but I would suspect most (99%) dont move the chips in with less than a flopped 2 pair... I cant imagine bluffing your stack on the first hand of the WSOP...

ericicecream
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the main event I suspect a large percentage of them are close calls, Set over Set, AA V KK, FH v FH....unlike the internet where 5 people limp and the button AI's to take the limpers chips. I can't see anybody doing this on Day 1 of the WSOP... doesnt mean it didnt happend (8k in people most donkernet players) but I would suspect most (99%) dont move the chips in with less than a flopped 2 pair... I cant imagine bluffing your stack on the first hand of the WSOP...

[/ QUOTE ]

How about with TT on a K74 board?

MrFizzbin
08-25-2006, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

How about with TT on a K74 board?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dumb donkernet player (1%) of the field.... must have thought his 10's were good or was being bluffed (on the first hand of a 2 week tournament...) People forget, you never win the WSOP on the first day, you only lose on it....

Solitare
08-25-2006, 06:12 PM
Didn't happen on my table. Saw it happen on a friend's table on day 1A. Guy open pushed all-in from UTG or UTG+1, everyone folded. One guy who folded showed QQ. Guy who pushed claimed he had AA but didn't show.

ddrstel
08-26-2006, 07:45 AM
IIRC Farha busted someone right at the beginning of the WSOP with AA vs AQ on a QQA board.
With 8000+ people, its bound to happen.

Huckster
08-26-2006, 08:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
IIRC Farha busted someone right at the beginning of the WSOP with AA vs AQ on a QQA board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was AT vs 1010 small raise pre-flop the board came AA10 small bet medium raise call. Turn Q, big bet, all-in, call. I could not have won that hand the first hand of the ME if I was Sammy I would have folded A10. The way the action went AQ was a possabilty from Goldie Hahn's son (I think that was who had 1010) i would never ever get my money in there with 1010. The action looked more like AQ than 1010.

Huck

Pokerbrat
08-26-2006, 10:29 AM
In the Farha hand, they both checked the flop then got it in on the turn.

henrikrh
08-26-2006, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was AT vs 1010 small raise pre-flop the board came AA10 small bet medium raise call. Turn Q, big bet, all-in, call. I could not have won that hand the first hand of the ME if I was Sammy I would have folded A10. The way the action went AQ was a possabilty from Goldie Hahn's son (I think that was who had 1010) i would never ever get my money in there with 1010. The action looked more like AQ than 1010.

Huck

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ? He reraised preflop on the very first hand of the WSOP. AQ is not a likely holding. QQ, TT maybe AK.

Also you have the action wrong.

PF: Sammy raises MP, Hudson RRs from CO or Button (not sure)

Flop: Check, Check

Turn: Hudson bet 300, Sammy raises to 1300, Hudson pushes.

Does AQ over-push here? Nope. This has to be a non-nut hand, and farha has the second nuts.

scottc25
08-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Didn't happen at my table. I think the first person off of our table was in level 2. Funny thing is she sat in seat 10, folded about 5 hands (blinds never got to her), then someone showed up and said he was seat 10. She actually had seat 1 and the dealer missed it.

Set over set and aa vs kk based on the Card Player updates were most of the 1st hand all-ins.

Sam Koplowitz
08-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Not so sharp with the details my man, The victim was Oliver Hudson, Brother of Kate, Son of Goldie Hawn. Glad Huck could straighten out your donk version of a classic hand.

MicroBob
08-26-2006, 04:26 PM
My first hand ever at the (WSOP last year):

$3k NLHE prelim event.
Only 4 players at my table have gotten to their seats in time for the 1st hand. Everyone else was still making their way in.

CO opens. BB calls.

Flop 679

BB bets, CO raises, BB re-raises, they eventually get all-in.

CO has T8
BB has 99

BB gets no help. CO doubles-up.

"SEAT OPEN!!"

gisb0rne
08-27-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm pretty convinced the way to win the WSOP is play lots of really crappy hands then get ridiculously lucky on the flop as your opponent with the vastly better starting hand hits but is worse. AT vs. TT. T8 vs. 99. etc. Most of the pros seem to play this way.

betgo
08-27-2006, 01:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huck

[/ QUOTE ]

AQ? He reraised preflop on the very first hand of the WSOP. AQ is not a likely holding. QQ, TT maybe AK.

Also you have the action wrong.

PF: Sammy raises MP, Hudson RRs from CO or Button (not sure)

Flop: Check, Check

Turn: Hudson bet 300, Sammy raises to 1300, Hudson pushes.

Does AQ over-push here? Nope. This has to be a non-nut hand, and farha has the second nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed before. I don't like how Hudson plays this. However, realistically, a lot of people go broke here in a reraised pot. It is very difficult not to lose a lot of chips with this flop.

Snarf
08-27-2006, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This has been discussed before. I don't like how Hudson plays this. However, realistically, a lot of people go broke here in a reraised pot. It is very difficult not to lose a lot of chips with this flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have said this to my friends forever, now and always get crucified by them.

Glad to see someone better than them agrees with me.

uter
08-27-2006, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i appreciated this, bud. sorry no one else apparently seems to have.

otnemem
08-28-2006, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not so sharp with the details my man, The victim was Oliver Hudson, Brother of Kate, Son of Goldie Hawn. Glad Huck could straighten out your donk version of a classic hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Way to add nothing.