PDA

View Full Version : flopped trips checkraised on turn

Percy101
01-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Literally the first hand at the table, so no reads whatsoever. Any thoughts on the turn play here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($100)
UTG ($304.65)
MP ($154.60)
CO ($94.30)
Button ($48.30)
SB ($384.65)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($5) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls $4.

Turn: ($13) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $30</font>, Hero?

MrWizard
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
To me this looks like a WA/WB situation. Without reads dropping this hand wouldn't be a terrible play.

matrix
01-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I'd push..

you're behind to 66 or KK and I can't put SB on KK after the PF betting...

I think villain is on Kx most likely which you have toasted...

Thundercat32
01-03-2006, 03:21 AM
I STRONGLY disagree with folding this hand. I don't think there is anyway Villian can put you on trip 2's, unless he were clever enough to realize you could be holding anything in the BB.

I agree I see him on K-x, but not KK

I push his c/r

possibly he had pocket 6's, but why didn't he at least min raise you on the flop? Still you could be behind to pocket 6's but that is a small chance that I HAVE TO TAKE.

Mercman572
01-03-2006, 03:27 AM
he is in the small blind, he could be completing with a wide array of hands. I think he likely has 2x, or maybe had Kx and wanted to see a turn. I don't mind just calling here and hopefully calling a smallish river bet.

ericicecream
01-03-2006, 04:15 AM
I think his most likely holding here is K6, followed by Kx, 2x, 66. I like your chances in this pot

FreakDaddy
01-03-2006, 04:21 AM
Like my g/f said tonight... stick it in baby...

Ok, that was cheesy. You're ahead to a lot of hands and behind to one likely hand, perhaps two (66, A2).

FreakDaddy
01-03-2006, 04:23 AM
Folding this is a sin.

Repent now.

Escotme
01-03-2006, 04:35 AM
I have to disagree with Thundercat on this one. Villain is the bigstack at the table and might just be policing but any resistance shown by our hero would be interpreted as having a 2. Remember, BB got a free flop and could hold anything. If I were villain, that's how I'd see it.

If the villain is aware of this - and given no read, I'd be more prone to give him credit for card reading skills - and still raises a ps bet oop, then I'd be very worried with my trips and a crappy kicker. Worst case, villain could have Ah2h or 66 and be freerollin.

Of course he could also just be policing with Kx, an overpair or any two hearts. But given no read, I'd proceed with extreme caution - trying to call him down/get a cheap showdown.

FreakDaddy
01-03-2006, 04:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have to disagree with Thundercat on this one. Villain is the bigstack at the table and might just be policing but any resistance shown by our hero would be interpreted as having a 2. Remember, BB got a free flop and could hold anything. If I were villain, that's how I'd see it.

If the villain is aware of this - and given no read, I'd be more prone to give him credit for card reading skills - and still raises a ps bet oop, then I'd be very worried with my trips and a crappy kicker. Worst case, villain could have Ah2h or 66 and be freerollin.

Of course he could also just be policing with Kx, an overpair or any two hearts. But given no read, I'd proceed with extreme caution - trying to call him down/get a cheap showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah except that if hero just calls then we have nearly $85 in the pot and hero only has $45. So, you have to push/fold here. You could call and hope villian checks river, but is a heart comes, are you then folding? There's a WIDE range of hands here that villian could have, and it's best to make him pay if he happens to be on a a draw, draw+pair scenario or Kx. Hero may fold out some worse hands, but I have a feeling there's some combo of hands villian has, PLUS there is a high probability of a split pot of villian has 2x and no ace.