PDA

View Full Version : Small stakes NL player looking for advice

Heavens_Myst
08-23-2006, 03:30 AM
Maybe this is the wrong forum but I'm hoping I can get a good answer here since I'm new.

I'm looking to deposit $200-$300 within the new future.

I am not looking to play out of my limits, probably .10/.25, or .25/.50.

I think I have the micromanagement and fast thinking to multitable up to 8 or so, but at the beginning I will probably only play two tables.

What site would be optimal for me? In terms of not so many great players at low limits, good bonus that can help me stack my bankroll, and that you would generally suggest.

Thanks for any help and if this is in the wrong forum please move or delete, Moderator /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ridonkulous
08-23-2006, 03:34 AM
I would play the 25NL at Hollywood, using the bonuswhores sign up code. The bonus clears pretty slow at that level, but the 25NL games were pretty good. They are also only raked at a 50 cent max.

Heavens_Myst
08-23-2006, 03:37 AM
When you say 25NL, that can refer to many different levels of blinds? 25NL is only the buyin? Can you give other examples, like I see 400NL, 600NL, etc. and I routinely just glaze over them because I don't know what it means. Thanks, again /images/graemlins/frown.gif

ridonkulous
08-23-2006, 03:39 AM
$25 max buy in. .10/.25 blinds.

Revealed
08-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Heavens_Myst,

Hey there, just wanted to give you another suggestion. Have you heard about PSO, pokersourceoline.com? Basically, they are like bonuswhores, but better. If you sign up to various poker websites through them, you will not only get the normal or better bonuses offered by the sites, but you will also get additional gifts. These gifts include, gift certificates, money on certain poker sites, poker and poker related items, and PSO points (which you can use to buy a variety of things from their store).

Just a little bit about me, I'm fairly new to the whole online poker thing as well, in fact, I just started a little over 2 months ago with $150. I started on PartyPoker, then to Pokestars, HollywoodPoker and now I'm at Paradise. I actually made the most at HollywoodPoker, playing their PL .25/.50 games.

Anyhow, if you do end up signing up at pokersourceonline.com, please use my referral ID: Revealed, I'd appreciate it. Also, please feel free to reply with any other questions or comments, I check this site at least once a day. Ok, I hope that helps....good luck...

Revealed

Heavens_Myst
08-23-2006, 03:50 AM
Thanks for the reply Revealed,

I looked at the site but it seems the majority require .5/1 minimum to get the bonus, and the bonus seems kind of week.

Hmm, trying to find a very good bonus that will fit into my low stakes play.

wako
08-23-2006, 03:54 AM
Ladbrokes $100 match can be cleared at 15c/30c fixed limit and almost 100% of the hands are raked. 5X contributed. gl

Heavens_Myst
08-23-2006, 04:03 AM
What does 5x contributed mean?

Verbloten
08-23-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeh but seriously - even though i cleared the ladbrokes bonus + some - it was the most infuriating online poker experience i have ever had - i literally played 1 more hand than required and emailed them to claim the bonus - that software blows...

5x contributed means - you must contribute money to the pot, either in the blinds or posting a bet at some point in the hand (the hand must be raked too). You must "contribute" to the pot for 5x100 hands if the bonus is 100. If people say max bonus 200 and 7x it means you need to play 1400 hands to clear the bonus.
Some sites such as party are not "contributed" - you just have to be dealt a hand and the pot needs to be raked.

I think we all assume you have signed up to party - but if you haven't i would highly recommend you start there! Easiest bonuses to clear ever and you will be able to play within your BR at 5Nl and 10NL for 45 days from your signup date and then you are forced into 25NL. But by that point your BR will be large enough to cope /images/graemlins/smile.gif very very soft competition anyway - GL HF

Meezer
08-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Just another little bit of advice, research your rakebake/affiliate options before you sign up for a poker site. As you move up in limits, you may wish you'd gone for a juicy rakeback percentage rather than a pat on the back and a bag of fancy chips. Don't sign up on every site you can find just to try it out...once you've joined, there's no going back to find an affiliate deal.

dc_publius
08-23-2006, 11:32 AM
I recently started myself. Your best bet is to use pokersourceonline.com and sign up for Party Instant Bankroll. Sign up for max. It clears at 25NL pretty well, and you will have +$150 once you're done with it. Party Beginner section tables are the softest and impossible not to beat. I would maximize my time playing in the Beginner Section for as long as they let you, because the players are awesome.

Oh yeah, if you decide to do this, use me as your referral. PM me.

Heavens_Myst
08-24-2006, 01:15 AM
bump

BigBadBabar
08-24-2006, 01:32 AM
heavens, you can also do the 5x signups on pokerroom and hollywood, and the 7x on holdem poker, those clear reasonably well at 25NL (maximum buyin $25, blinds .10/.25)

party should be good too, and empire

check www.bonuswhores.com (http://www.bonuswhores.com) and their forums also, for more info

bbb