PDA

View Full Version : You know you have a good table image when... (nc)

SeaEagle
08-21-2006, 11:38 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com)

Preflop: SeaEagle is BB with Ahttp://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif, 3http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif.
6 folds, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, SeaEagle checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 7http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/spade.gif, 7http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/heart.gif, 9http://www.flopturnriver.com/phpBB2/images/smiles/diamond.gif (3 players)
SeaEagle checks, CO folds, Button folds.

Final Pot: 1.66 BB

I know this is the wrong forum for this, but this is where I normally post and this must be my all time favorite hand.

BogusRogus
08-21-2006, 11:42 PM
yeah - that is too funny.

bozlax
08-21-2006, 11:47 PM
Must be something going around. Twice today I've made it to the river HU with position on a Villan only to see them open-fold.

Haupt_234
08-21-2006, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Must be something going around. Twice today I've made it to the river HU with position on a Villan only to see them open-fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open-folding is the new check/fold. You didn't hear?

Haupt_234

alul
08-22-2006, 12:01 AM
Here is the opposite. I probably had a very bad table image.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.66 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

River: (6.66 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 10.66 BB

Results below:
UTG has 2s 2c (two pair, sixes and fives).
Hero has Qc Ah (two pair, sixes and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.66 BB.

SeaEagle
08-22-2006, 12:15 AM
It seems like his river call is only slightly worse than your river raise. Or was he playing so bad that you already knew he couldn't read a board?

alul
08-22-2006, 12:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Or was he playing so bad that you already knew he couldn't read a board?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy was on tilt. I was 90% sure he's bluffing. Never expected him to call with this though...

SixForty
08-22-2006, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The guy was on tilt. I was 90% sure he's bluffing. Never expected him to call with this though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't you heard? Bluff-calling is the new Bluff-raising! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

srjunkacct
08-22-2006, 01:07 AM
And three pair is the new two pair, or something like that.

-brew-
08-22-2006, 01:09 AM
lmao

-brew-
08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
THAT IS HYSTERICAL

sharpie
08-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Sad to say I've called down with 3 pair before.

SixForty
08-22-2006, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sad to say I've called down with 3 pair before.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least tell me that your pair played though!

sharpie
08-22-2006, 02:33 AM
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (6SB, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4BB, 2 players)

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6BB, 2 players)

Results:
Final pot: 8BB
<font color="#ffffff">SB showed Jc Jd</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 4h 4d</font>

This is nothing compared to the time I folded the winning fullhouse in an 18BB pot heads up on the river. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

SixForty
08-22-2006, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

This is nothing compared to the time I folded the winning fullhouse in an 18BB pot heads up on the river. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha - priceless! You thought he was trying to bluff the river with his 32o??? Nice! Just think of what that guy wrote in his notes about you! (I shouldn't laugh - we all have moments like this in our poker career, and I've had plenty myself!)

As for the full house, I play regularly with a guy who did that live once. He was racking up to leave and this was his last hand. Had A8 on an A8X-X-8 board on the river. But he thought he had A9. So he bets, it gets raised, then cold called, so he stands up ready to leave, mucks his hand face up, and says something to the effect of "Well, one of you must have my two pair beat. Have a nice night folks!" Priceless!

GMMigge
08-22-2006, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB 3-bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif (6SB, 2 players)

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4BB, 2 players)

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif (6BB, 2 players)

Results:

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha incredible, I've done the exact same thing /images/graemlins/grin.gif I had the nut boat on the river heads-up. Big pot, he bet, I raised, he took his time and 3-bet and for some reason I thought I'd make a few more "important" decisions first that were in a hurry on other tables (I 6-tabled).

What happened? I timed out /images/graemlins/grin.gif

James.
08-22-2006, 08:35 AM
they must have hit the "fold to any check" button.

bozlax
08-22-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG probably had a a slight amount of brain-damage.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Kevin1962
08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Nice

You know you have a good table image when all the daytripers from North Jersey leave the 4/8 table you just got sat at the Trop to sit at the 2/4 when you get sat.

SeaEagle
08-22-2006, 12:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is nothing compared to the time I folded the winning fullhouse in an 18BB pot heads up on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
A couple of days ago I almost folded a straight flush. I had 2c and an offsuit 6 and the flop came 345 all clubs. I noticed that I had a SF draw but got to thinking about how best to play my straight (me being in the blind and the pot was about 6 way). The turn was a non-club 6 and that really got me to thinking about my opponents' hands and my counterfeited straight. And when the Ac rivered, I only made a crying call because the pot was good-sized and we were down to HU and there was more than a 10% chance my opponent had a 7 and no clubs.

Opponent had flopped a K-high flush - and I just called his river bet with my SF. Had the pot been smaller, I would have folded. Pretty sure I'm on several people's buddy lists over that one.

CaptainBusto
08-22-2006, 02:10 PM
just had a good one...

PParty Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Jh Ac (full house, aces full of fours).
UTG has Jc Th (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins 23 BB. </font>

villains stats are 51/4/0.5
did someone club him over the head with something heavy?

SixForty
08-22-2006, 08:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
did someone club him over the head with something heavy?

[/ QUOTE ]

He was convinced that you were bluffing, and after 3betting the river and he still capped it, you would finally come to your senses and lay down your hand. Or better yet - "I limp-reraised UTG. If I keep betting and raising, maybe he'll get convinced that I have quad Aces, and I can get him to lay down quad 4s!!!"

I used to do stuff like this all the time after a horrible beat at a 5/10 table on line. Only thing is, I do it at the 0.01/0.02 table that I had open specifically for maniacal tilting. Man - what those micro-players must have thought of me!

KurtSF
08-24-2006, 06:32 PM
First time sitting in a live game. It was on a cruise ship, I was under-rolled and nervous, but was sitting for fun so whatever.

I flopped a str8 draw and a flush draw. 1 guy was betting hard, clearly better than TPTK, and drives off the chasers. Turn comes and almost makes my str8, I call another bet and start thinking about the cards I need to make my straight. River misses my straight, he checks and I do too, he turns up a set. I say "anh, I missed," and procede to turn up the rivered flush that I didn't know I had and take the pot.

He sure didn't appreciate that.

BenA
08-24-2006, 07:01 PM
I folded in this hand PF, and can't remember what I had so I can't find it in PT, but I remember the details clear as day.

PokerLoco 2/4 10-handed

MP1 is dealt A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB is dealt 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Folds to MP1 who raises, all fold, BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, MP1 raises, BB 3-bets, MP1 caps.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, MP1 raises, BB 3-bets, MP1 caps

River: Some blank, maybe T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB bets, MP1 raises, BB 3-bets, MP1 caps

BB screams into the chat box. "I knew this site was [censored]! I had a straight flush!" When it was pointed out to him that a straight and a flush don't qualify as a straight flush, he logged off, and I haven't seen him around since. Probably wallowing in a hole somewhere.

funpokerguy
08-24-2006, 08:48 PM
You got to like that!

BenKT68
08-25-2006, 03:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he logged off, and I haven't seen him around since. Probably wallowing in a hole somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unreal.