PDA

View Full Version : Wild Card Round: Steelers @ Bengals

VarlosZ
01-01-2006, 08:27 PM
Last I checked, on Pinnacle Cincinatti was +2 (+108) in this game, at home. I really feel that people are overreacting to the past few weeks with this line; over the course of the entire season, Cincy has played better. I love them at +2 here.

Thoughts?

tech
01-01-2006, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you like the Bengals, you will probably be able to get at least +3 later in the week. Cincinnati opened as the favorite and money came flooding in on Pittsburgh almost immediately.

koreanmeanin
01-01-2006, 08:40 PM
do you really think the bengals have a chance here?

i know they have been playing very well and have an explosive team - i just think that Pittsburgh wears them down and sneaks out with either a close win, or a blowout.

How do you think Palmer will perform? It's not that he doesnt have big-game experience, and he is at home, but I'm not sure how I feel about this game just yet.

LLXC
01-01-2006, 08:44 PM
I really think you'll be able to find it at +3.5 before gametime sometime but yea, as tech said, it should hang around +3.

Did that line open at Cin -2 get pushed to -3, only to get pounded at Pit +3?

bills217
01-01-2006, 09:38 PM
Uhh...I've not seen Cincy getting points, anywhere, at any time.../images/graemlins/confused.gif

bills217
01-01-2006, 09:44 PM
nevermind...wtf is wrong w/ sbrlines?

PropPlayer
01-02-2006, 01:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
do you really think the bengals have a chance here?

[/ QUOTE ]At this time I go as far to say that they have a chance. Probably even a "decent chance" lol

Kneel B4 Zod
01-02-2006, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
over the course of the entire season, Cincy has played better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, but this has only limited meaning. I really don't care who played better in week 3 or 4, it's how they're playing now.

These are 2 teams going in opposite directions. the Steelers are playing the best they have all season, the Bengals the worst.

I think the Steelers will be able to run the ball at will - like 200-250 yards. the ole formula of "running game + defense" will prevail here, and I don't think 2 or 3 points is enough to put me on Cinci. the home field won't be that important in this game.

koreanmeanin
01-02-2006, 02:09 PM
That's pretty much my take on this game as well - the Bengals have a good, young team but Pittsburgh has 'been there' before and they are peaking.

Roethlisberger will manage a solid game, Bettis is going to give it his all in what could be his last game, Parker will provide a nice change of pace and I see the Pittsburgh defense coming up with a turnover or two...

I think Pittsburgh will win by more than 2-3 points and I'll be laying a solid bet on them in this game...