PDA

View Full Version : Movie Recommendation: What the Bleep Do We Know

KingNeo
01-24-2006, 03:05 AM
This movie is awesome, I have seen it a few times. Anyone who regularly contributes to this forum must see this movie. It is entertaining and very informative.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

Bringing an intelligent mix of science, spirituality, incredible graphics and storytelling to the printed page, What the Bleep Do We Know!? Discovering the endless possibilities for altering your everyday reality by authors William Arntz, Betsy Chasse, and Mark Vicente features all new interviews with experts, relevant issues cut from the movie, deeper explanations of some of the more complex and important theories, and commentary from the authors about how these concepts transformed their personal lives for the better.

As Janet L. Gray, BLEEP Group Coordinator in Wisconsin, writes in a review of the book: They came in droves worldwide to have their reality shifted by the movie “What the Bleep Do We Know?” It made us think about who the “Observer” is, and the effect the Observer has on interpreting reality. It showed us how a particular experience is one of many possible experiences depending on how we choose to interpret it. The movie was a wake up call to remember that “we create our reality” and we need to take responsibility for it.

The What The Bleep book goes one step further down the rabbit hole to help us ask the big questions and gives you plenty to ponder. It also provides easy to understand information on how the brain works and how emotions contribute to the hard wiring of the way we addictively react to life.

The book is a collaboration of love from the makers of the movie. It effortlessly weaves the scientific findings that are presented in the movie in a fashion that allows the reader to really “get it”. And goes into greater detail on theories of quantum physics, balanced by beautiful illustrations, and real right brain stimulation.

hmkpoker
01-24-2006, 03:12 AM
Someone's brought this up before and there was a pretty strong negative reaction to it from the people that saw it, myself included. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

latefordinner
01-24-2006, 11:17 PM
misrepresentation of what are actually interesting questions actually being addressed in interesting ways by philosophers/physicists alike to serve a new-age cult agenda.

telling that at least two of the physicists interviewed in the film have disowned the final product.

amirite
01-25-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh boy, the Ramtha cult.

garion888
01-25-2006, 12:54 AM
can you hear that sound???

Its the giant vortex of suck that is this movie.

behemoth2006
01-25-2006, 08:53 PM
hey would somebody who's shot this down before throw me a bone and shoot it down again? Im wondering why it was shot down... is this a big agenda or is my sarcasm meter shot again.

PokerAmateur4
01-25-2006, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
misrepresentation of what are actually interesting questions actually being addressed in interesting ways by philosophers/physicists alike to serve a new-age cult agenda.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's it exactly. Worse than manipulative or agenda serving, it's just not informative, this is the movie:

"Wow, it's like, quantum mechanics, and stuff...um, one thing can be here-and there-at the same time! OMG, it's amazing! Amazing..."
-(Scientist/Cult leader/etc.)
...More mystic perspective on barely touched upon science...
...Lame deaf(?) girl trys to be funny or something

Nice attempt I guess, no substance or quality

amirite
01-25-2006, 09:12 PM
The reviews here do a pretty good job of explaining things:

http://tinyurl.com/7vbjn

behemoth2006
01-25-2006, 09:22 PM
So it's entertaining, with good animation (Im an animation minor, so this is super entertaining to me) but is uber-newage with an agenda.

I guess I can watch that, after all I was mildly entertained by michael moore for a while.

AvivaSimplex
01-26-2006, 04:38 PM
Here's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=scimathphil&Number=424378 1&Searchpage=1&Main=4235025) the first thread on this piece of crap.