PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 - WSOP ME trip report

technologic
08-17-2006, 10:39 PM
Day 2

it's almost weird to be back, it's been 4 days since i last played. round 2 i guess, as i gear up for war in the pokerstars jersey that i got. it's pretty goofy looking, and jason's got his own customized strassa2 jersey on. i'm jealous.

i'm pretty antsy, as it's the second day and get up pretty early. i check online for random stuff, as jason rolls out of bed around 11:15 am. we hurry on over, unshaven, unkempt. we've left his house that stars was sponsoring, and now we were in the palms. being as that i forgot to do laundry before leaving the house, i had to start wearing my dirty clothes again. palms laundry was [censored] expensive.

anyway, i get seated on a decent table that i'm taking control of. espn cameras are all over the table because the youngest female player ever to make day 2 was seated with me. pretty retarded shtick to get famous, imo. she was wearing a full tilt hat and had a nice rack, but she had a butt chin that really didn't do it for me. anyhow, her style of play was relatively loose, and bad. from time to time she would all in in a multiway pot, when the pot was like just blinds, making it like 20x pot bets when she'd move in. good job? i was just WAITING to pounce.

anyway some hands...

level 250/500 ante 50
pretty uneventful at first, a big hand i had early was when UTG+1 raised to 1500, another person called, and i made it 6000 with KK, UTG+1 folds, and the caller calls the raise.
Flop J92. caller moves in for 14.5k, i call. he shows 33, and my hand holds up. ty, come again. seriously the level of bad play in this tournament is ridiculous.

level 300/600 ante 75
UTG makes it 2000, I make it 6000 with AKo, UTG calls.
Flop 722, UTG bets 4000, i think for a bit, then i call.
Turn K, check, check.
River 7, UTG bets 5000, i call. he shows AT...too easy man, too easy.

after a few more rounds of boring, yet profitable, poker, i get moved to layne flack's table...again. great. fortunately he's to my right so the situation isn't too bad.

level 400/800 ante 100
flack limps, and i make it 3200 with AKo. flack calls.
Flop JQ9 two spades. he checks, i check.
Turn 9. flack bets 5000, i call.
River 3 of spades. flack bets 8500, i fold. bleck.

we chat it up a bit, shooting the [censored], he comments on an unsucessful 7 high bluff i try, "nothing i haven't done before." whoops.

a few hours later, the table breaks. whew, no more layne. where am i going hm....ah table 153...it's a long ways away, i wonder who's there. great.

Phil Ivey.

the worst seat in the tournament...well yeah. suffice it to say i just get owned by him.

anyway couple of non ivey hands...

500/1000 ante 100
UTG+1 limps, i complete in the SB with 99, ivey checks. damn was planning to limp raise him since he was short.

flop T86. i check, ivey checks, UTG+1 moves in for 15k, i call, ivey folds.
guy flips over AT...whoops
turn 7. oops.
river T. ah well i'd rather be lucky than good.

biggest hand of my tournament
i have 88 in the UTG and limp. a loose guy makes it 4000 to go, BB calls, i pop it up to 20k straight. loose guy folds, BB tanks. i think to myself, oh great, wtf did i get myself into here...and he finally asks me, if i fold do you show? i agreed, since i wanted him to fold asap, probably not the most expert play, and he folded...
Kings. face up. WTF IS GOING ON. he gets sick when i show him my eights...wow. i can't believe i got kings to fold preflop. apparently jason's wrong about my nitty strategy being bad...harrington style baby HARRINGTON STYLE.

i end the day at 95.2k, ready for more battle on day 3.

Black Aces 518
08-17-2006, 11:34 PM
Nicepost again. Man you get a guy to lay down KK preflop, KramerTM is playing LAG and a dude lays down 44 on Q94. These people in this here tournament are some serious pokah playah.

technologic
08-17-2006, 11:47 PM
an addendum

at the end of the day, me and jason meet with erik friberg an online player. jason talked erik up as a big online player, i guess it set up my plays against him for the future.

jason doesn't feel like waiting on line for the taxi, so we take a limo. first time in a limo besides prom, it was pretty pimp.

restrikt
08-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Based on your play with him, any read on Ivey whatsoever? His gameplan/strategy?

alphatmw
08-18-2006, 12:56 AM
man i would of liked some phil ivey hands. i can't believe someone laid down KK to a single reraise. wow.

technologic
08-18-2006, 01:03 AM
well, ivey got into a lot of coinflip situations with short stacks, won some lost some, and got real short...to around 20-25k or so. so he didn't really have much to manuever with...but the hands i did enter with him were either insignificant, or he moved in on me such that i had to fold. like on the last hand of the night when he was UTG and pushed my BB.

i found it funny when he dropped a comment like, man maybe i'll try to sneak into the money tomorrow.

train.
08-18-2006, 03:59 AM
nice posts. congrats.

won't be long and someone else will blog

[ QUOTE ]
wonder who's there. great.

Techno

the worst seat in the tournament...well yeah. suffice it to say i just get owned by him.

[/ QUOTE ]

CarpeDiem
08-18-2006, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
palms laundry was [censored] expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess you solved that problem anyway.

Don't read the word "kempt" much in the forums...keep up the good work!

paperboyNC
08-18-2006, 03:05 PM
thanks for the report. That's wild about him folding KK.

08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Techno -

Please post some hands where Ivey owned you.

Sykes
08-18-2006, 05:11 PM
plz tell me you're joking about the KK /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Heimdal
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
seriously the level of bad play in this tournament is ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500/1000 ante 100
UTG+1 limps, i complete in the SB with 99, ivey checks. damn was planning to limp raise him since he was short.

flop T86. i check, ivey checks, UTG+1 moves in for 15k, i call,

[/ QUOTE ]
<font color="white"> jk </font>

restrikt
08-18-2006, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Techno -

Please post some hands where Ivey owned you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dunno, that might be kind of embarassing.

I bet Ivey made Techno lay down AA preflop. His darting eyes probably freaked Techno out.

ClassicBob
08-18-2006, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500/1000 ante 100

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DICK DIE

technologic
08-18-2006, 08:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500/1000 ante 100

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DICK DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my sentiments exactly...who limps early with AT anyway?

08-19-2006, 01:31 AM
No, for real. Maybe like 2 or 3 where Ivey just completely makes you look dumb would be awesome.

technologic
08-19-2006, 03:18 AM
okok

one time i completed the SB with A6o, and he pushes for like 20k, and i fold, obv. his presence made me forget to push myself into him.

i think that was really it. oh well, one time i completed again in SB with 22, with a diamond.

flop comes down 3 diamonds. check check.

turn comes down a 4th diamond. i jokingly say, let me check if i got one, and then i check, and then i check. he bets 1k, i call.

river blank.
check check, my 2d is g00t.

Heimdal
08-19-2006, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
500/1000 ante 100

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

DICK DIE

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, my sentiments exactly...who limps early with AT anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol ok, i wrote jk in white.
still calling a 4-5psb with 99 on that board doesnt seem so smart. but i played three events and didnt cash in any...
good reports btw

technologic
08-20-2006, 02:08 AM
ppl did all kinds of random [censored] in the me, i thought this was an ok call at the time.

08-20-2006, 04:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
okok

one time i completed the SB with A6o, and he pushes for like 20k, and i fold, obv. his presence made me forget to push myself into him.

i think that was really it. oh well, one time i completed again in SB with 22, with a diamond.

turn comes down a 4th diamond. i jokingly say, let me check if i got one, and then i check, and then i check. he bets 1k, i call.

river blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

This contains not nearly enough Ivey-ownage. But I'll take what I can get. Thanks man.

betgo
08-20-2006, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
okok

river blank.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would just open push with A6 or 22 in the SB and Ivey in the BB.

Sklansky had an article on the play of open overbet pushing in the SB. The example he gave was with A6o and Ivey in the BB. He said it was easily cEV+ for 30xBB.

technologic
08-20-2006, 06:42 PM
damn. i should've read that article. i was pwned.

train.
08-20-2006, 10:18 PM
day 3 please /images/graemlins/smile.gif

AEKDBet
08-21-2006, 10:12 AM
good post, watching u on stolen PPV now.
were u pissed u lost a c note playing paper-rock-scissors for the camera?