PDA

View Full Version : Pretty sick run

AJFenix
08-17-2006, 08:42 PM
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1493/nl25wy9.jpg

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6339/nl25gef7.jpg

Probably some bad play in the midst of the deep freeze cooler wave of variance, but nothing really stands out.

Gildwulf
08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
looks like the downie farm is going to have a thin crop yield this year

AJFenix
08-17-2006, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

looks like the downie farm is going to have a thin crop yield this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this is equivilant to spreading some fertilzer on the crops

Barrin6
08-17-2006, 08:49 PM
wow nice run dood. I know it's not yours though right?

Parlay Slow
08-17-2006, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting in this game, and I have to say that the sick part about it was AJ was NOT playing bad and was not tilting. I mean there were some decisions that coulda gone either way here and there but nothing really stood out.

Xellos
08-17-2006, 08:53 PM
This looks like it's from a 2+2 game.

younghov17
08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
this is peanuts to ajfenix, he was probly just having fun

Gildwulf
08-17-2006, 08:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This looks like it's from a 2+2 game.

[/ QUOTE ]

a 5 hour 2p2 game?

probably his lifetime loserate at 2p2 games

Parlay Slow
08-17-2006, 08:57 PM
It was not a 2+2 game, 3.62 hours though

JimDrang
08-17-2006, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was sitting in this game, and I have to say that the sick part about it was AJ was NOT playing bad and was not tilting. I mean there were some decisions that coulda gone either way here and there but nothing really stood out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im sure he wasnt making any questionable plays with a 40 WTSD and 65 VPIP

neverforgetlol
08-17-2006, 09:36 PM
make a video like dan bright did, that was [censored] hilarious

MYNAMEIZGREG
08-17-2006, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
make a video like dan bright did, that was [censored] hilarious

[/ QUOTE ]

Link?

neverforgetlol
08-17-2006, 09:42 PM
too lazy it's in ssnl about a week ago

AJFenix
08-17-2006, 09:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTSD was 37. I don't appreciate you fabricating lies to make me look bad. Small hand sample so it obv isnt representative of anything. Pretty arrogant of you, though.

JimDrang
08-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Listen Fenix, when you step up to the 10c/25c you are getting dangerously close to my territory so be careful not to overstep your bounds.

NajdorfDefense
08-18-2006, 12:09 PM
In the metaphor of poker as life, this week you are the park ranger and poker is the leopard:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7525574102901564733&q=canseco&hl=e n

You should probably think of a new style that is better than 'pointed stick.'

Blizzardbaum
08-18-2006, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTSD was 37. I don't appreciate you fabricating lies to make me look bad. Small hand sample so it obv isnt representative of anything. Pretty arrogant of you, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he's going on what you gave him. And 64/13 over ~450 hands is still 64/13 over ~450 hands. Fold more preflop.

AJFenix
08-18-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he's going on what you gave him. And 64/13 over ~450 hands is still 64/13 over ~450 hands. Fold more preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hes going on fabricated lies that he wishes to perpetuate in order to further his own personal interests. You think you are so smart though, huh? You think you got it all figured out? You don't have anything figured out. Keep stepping to me and I might have to humble you like in the old country.

JCCARL
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
I didn't think it was possible to run this bad at $25 NL. Seriously though, it will get better.
Regards,
Carl

Nielsio
08-18-2006, 12:47 PM
stake me

AJFenix
08-18-2006, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't think it was possible to run this bad at $25 NL. Seriously though, it will get better.
Regards,
Carl

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Carl, it was a sick run. Its okay, though. This is the business we choose. I'll grind my way out of it. Thankfully I still have some money left over from this hand. (http://www.pokerhand.org/?418203)

AJFenix
08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In the metaphor of poker as life, this week you are the park ranger and poker is the leopard:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I was operating on the table like a lasik machine on the retina in terms of precision. I mean, there mighta been one or two that coulda gone either way but nothing really stood out.

jhall23
08-18-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry about this sick bad run AJ, but seriously those stats are really bad. I mean just Awful.

You are limping WAYYYY to much pre-flop. In Deep stack NL games most of the money comes from stealing the blinds and pushing people around. 14% attemp to steal and 13.6PFR are way to low when employing a dominant LAG style. It works better if you are raising at least 1/2 (if not more) of the hands that you are going to play. Optimal numbers are probabally about 60/40 pre-flop.

Anyway, don't mean to sound too hard on you. Hope you can turn it around.

JimDrang
08-18-2006, 01:21 PM
Yes, raising more preflop is exactly what he needs to get out of this hole.

Josh.
08-18-2006, 01:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry about this sick bad run AJ, but seriously those stats are really bad. I mean just Awful.

You are limping WAYYYY to much pre-flop. In Deep stack NL games most of the money comes from stealing the blinds and pushing people around. 14% attemp to steal and 13.6PFR are way to low when employing a dominant LAG style. It works better if you are raising at least 1/2 (if not more) of the hands that you are going to play. Optimal numbers are probabally about 60/40 pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was sweating AJ and he was playing very well. there mighta been one or two that coulda gone either way but I think its safe to say that nothing really stood out. the only word i can think of to describe his play is "perfect"

i think the problem is you don't understand metagame and its implications in a shorthanded poker game. ajfenix has played literally hundreds of thousands of hands at NL25 mostly 3-handed with these same stats and CRUSHES the game. i have heard various rumors about his winrate. some cite it as high as 2.77 PTBB/100. in your limited knowledge of no limit texas hold'em you might think that his play needs work, but he is a master at getting into peoples' heads with his 60/13 style and his 37 wtsd. people think he's crazy, but he takes their money at a rapid pace. this is just an example of the variance inherent in being such a dominant force at the poker table

08-18-2006, 01:37 PM
VARIANCE

BigBiceps
08-18-2006, 01:40 PM
VPIP 65% ... hopefully you were trying to lose.

coleco
08-18-2006, 01:40 PM
wow, 25 buyins in only 420 hands

scary

JimDrang
08-18-2006, 01:43 PM
I think it is clear from the posts so far that the only thing he needs to work on is stealing more blinds.

AJFenix
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i was sweating AJ and he was playing very well. there mighta been one or two that coulda gone either way but I think its safe to say that nothing really stood out. the only word i can think of to describe his play is "perfect"

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Josh, it means a lot. All of these haters talking like they know something and trying to tell me about raising preflop thinking they got the game figured out dont even know what game they are playing.

[ QUOTE ]

i think the problem is you don't understand metagame and its implications in a shorthanded poker game. ajfenix has played literally hundreds of thousands of hands at NL25 mostly 3-handed with these same stats and CRUSHES the game. i have heard various rumors about his winrate. some cite it as high as 2.77 PTBB/100. in your limited knowledge of no limit texas hold'em you might think that his play needs work, but he is a master at getting into peoples' heads with his 60/13 style and his 37 wtsd. people think he's crazy, but he takes their money at a rapid pace. this is just an example of the variance inherent in being such a dominant force at the poker table

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're giving away a little too much here, but I guess its ok since it takes a lot more than just reading this to have the discipline to be able to implement these strategies.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jhall, your contempt and arrogance in the midst of your ignorance disgust me. I don't wish you a good day.

NajdorfDefense
08-18-2006, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure I was operating on the table like a lasik machine on the retina in terms of precision.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was totally joking. Variance, you can beat these games and you will continue to do so.

That park ranger got pozzwned.