PDA

View Full Version : 55 - two drunk all-ins

z28dreams
01-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Situation:

Home Game, $20NL, .25/50 blinds
It is around 3am, and people are pretty drunk.

Villain1 is a total maniac and very aggressive. He just took a beat, and is tilting.

Villain2 is loose, but will have some kind of cards to make the call. Villain2 is also an idiot, and would not have paid attention to his position in making this call with several more people to act.

That said,

Villain 1 ($20)
Villain 2 ($50)
Hero ($50)

Hero is dealt 5/images/graemlins/club.gif5/images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP

Preflop:

Villain1 is UTG+1 and pushes all-in for $20
Villain2 thinks a few seconds, and calls

Hero ???

Villain1 probably has any 2 face cards here, any pocket pair, and even as low as A8.

Villain2 most likely has something like AJ/AQ, KQ, or some kind of pocket pair.

What's your move?

(FWIW, I wasn't actually in this hand, but the guy next to me showed me his 55 and asked what I thought)

Also, if you don't call with 55, what's the lowest paired pockets you call with? 88? 99?

Komodo
01-01-2006, 07:07 PM
Easy fold. Even if both players got 2 overcards, a call is stll -EV because of the rake

gol4pro
01-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Fold and feel good about it. If you have an equity edge, it's not a big one; and if you're behind your toasted at best.

thedustbustr
01-01-2006, 08:02 PM
i call with JJ+

mulebennett
01-01-2006, 08:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i call with JJ+

[/ QUOTE ]

svj
01-02-2006, 01:01 AM
take the range of the two guys...

the lowest pair you should call with is the lowest pair you can be pretty sure is higher than each of their lowest cards.

ie.

if Villian 1 will AI on A5, K7, Q9
if Villian 2 will AI on A8, K9, Q10

Go with Js.

If you get one of the players with 2 overcards to your pair, you're coinflipping.

Tailor to your situation, although unless the players are uber-loose, JJ is the minimum to consider. AK and AQ are probably good to throw in with, as well, as you'll probably dominate one of the donkeys. Near dead money is good. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kloveopen
01-02-2006, 02:02 AM
you deffinately lay down the 55
at best you are drawing against two idiots who call with Ax Ax in which case you are only like 45% to win.
otherwise, you are toast with a 2 outter

wyrd
01-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Easy fold. The only two pair you should go all-in with preflop is AA and KK. If you raise with QQ and someone pushes you all-in, fold the QQ.

dregal
01-02-2006, 04:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The only two pair you should go all-in with preflop is AA and KK. If you raise with QQ and someone pushes you all-in, fold the QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

c'mon...serious?

cbloom
01-02-2006, 04:14 AM
If their range really is that big, then 99+ is +EV. 55 is an easy fold. 99 is pretty marginal.

BTW there is a metagame aspect here - if you have plenty of money to rebuy, and they're likely to stay at the table a while longer if they win (but might leave if they bust out), it's okay to take even a slightly -EV gamble here, because in their state you're sure to get your stack back (!!).

NYCNative
01-02-2006, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold. The only two pair you should go all-in with preflop is AA and KK. If you raise with QQ and someone pushes you all-in, fold the QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]You know, there are individual people whom I would fold Queens to PF, but barring a superior read, I am far too ahead of the average small stakes player range with Queens to make that fold.

Komodo
01-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Ahh misread. Now I see its a homegame and probably no rake.
Much of this depends on how drunk they are.
Maybe you can call even with 55. Best case scenario wont give you much edge of course.