Dan Bitel
01-01-2006, 06:46 PM
UTG is Lord Kram (11/7/3.7)
Not many hands on villian

Hero ($117)
Lord Kram ($108)
Villian ($103)

Full tilt (9 way $100NL)

LordKram raises to $3.5, villian calls, hero raises to $12 from MP with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif, LordKram and villian call

Flop ($36.50): 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

2 checks, hero bets $25, LK folds, villian raises to $50, hero???

I feel a fold, call and push are all options here, what do you suggest?

gol4pro
01-01-2006, 07:02 PM
Call is very bad.

Push... meh.

Fold... meh.

[censored]. I hate these. You pretty much told the entire table that you have QQ+ preflop. Then, this guy calls away 1/10 of his stack, and check raises you on a raggedy board. I can't tell you how much this has 99/77 written all over it. Nonetheless, the pot is huge, and you're getting at least decent odds.

Effective stacks = 103$

flop pot = 36$
+25 = 61$
+50 = 111$
+ villian's last 50$ = 161$

So you're getting somewhere around 161:72.... or not quite 2.5:1.

Damn. Although I can't put him on a hand other than 99/77 (assuming he is a sane, rational player that won't do this with TT), I think I might just push anyway. This spot really sucks.

Nice hand to post, I'll love to read more responses. In this spot, I may just resolve to pay him off for his set because he put in 12$ preflop. I think a preflop reraise to 14$ would make this hand slightly easier.

I really want to fold this, but I'm not sure I could in the heat of the moment.

rockbottom99
01-01-2006, 07:42 PM
Push or fold, don't call.

svj
01-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Well, I see the possibilities as:

TT, JJ, QQ may do this (badly) to see if you were contination betting with AK. Any reasonable player would already have you on a high PP, though, and not do this.

AA may do this, and be ahead of you.

99/77 may do this, in an attempt to not scare you away.

Everything you beat will fold to a push, everything that beats you will insta-call, because they pretty much know they have you beat. When you win, you'll win almost 1/3 of what you'll lose if you're behind.

Calling will simply put more of your money in, and he will push on the turn. Paying $25 to put off your decision for 1 street is a bad idea.

If you push, you're basically betting that he is a real donk, and in this case, an unlucky one. I think folding is the least -EV of the three. Walk away from the $37, and be glad you still have some of your stack.

wyrd
01-02-2006, 02:27 AM
I think there are more chances that you're ahead than behind (99 is the only logical preflop calling hand that he'd hit a set with, 77 and 44 would probably be folded). A9, TT-QQ, two overcards w/ flush draw, or just a flush draw, are all possible. Thus I believe this is a clear push.

cbloom
01-02-2006, 02:32 AM
This is similar to the AA hand I posted recently. I think a lot of people here are too optimistic about these hands. Clearly a read on Villain would be great.

If Villain is a donk - clear push, he's a donk.

If Villain is a set miner - you can't rule out 77 and 44, that's what set miners play, and they love to play them for raises. In this case you're almost certainly beat, it's a fold.

Without a read, I probably push, because there are more donks than set miners on most sites, but I would be very unhappy about it, and not surprised to see a set.

(btw against a set miner, this is a much easier fold than my AA hand because he can have AA and beat you, and he probably doesn't have KK).