PDA

View Full Version : cryptologic : Do pound tables clear faster than usd tables?

spacebetween
08-15-2006, 06:36 PM
I never played on pound tables because I didnt know If I'd get more mpp playing L1/2 or $1/2.

WhatDoesCallMean
08-15-2006, 07:13 PM
bonuses clear the same whether the pot is raked $1, €1 or £1.....forget about the currency and think in terms of units.

you get 1 MPP for 1 unit of rake at $, £ and € tables.

some here complain that £1 rake is much higher than $1 rake but the pots are the same % bigger so, i dunno really.....whatever ur own feeling on that one is....the £ tables do seem softer to me fwiw.

Boondah
08-15-2006, 07:44 PM
USD tables clear bonus much faster than pound tables. It is much more likely that you get a $20 pot (1 MPP) playing $2/4 than getting a £20 pot playing £1/2. The amount of money on the table is about the same, you just get more MPPs with USD.

WiSeIVIaN
08-15-2006, 07:52 PM
At the same stakes it makes no difference.

spacebetween
08-15-2006, 08:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
USD tables clear bonus much faster than pound tables. It is much more likely that you get a $20 pot (1 MPP) playing $2/4 than getting a £20 pot playing £1/2. The amount of money on the table is about the same, you just get more MPPs with USD.

[/ QUOTE ]Thank you, that's what I wanted to know. I won't bother playing £50 NL when I get more MPP playing NL $100.

kdog
08-15-2006, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At the same stakes it makes no difference

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true if you are considering each currency as strictly units. If you are comparing how much money you actually put into the pot for each bet you will clear the bonus a lot faster playing in dollars.

Example: At todays conversion rates 1 GBP = $1.8948. So in a 1-2 GBP game you are actually playing $1.90/3.80 but you are clearing bonus at maybe half the rate you would playing $2-4.

cgwahl
08-15-2006, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
At the same stakes it makes no difference

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true if you are considering each currency as strictly units. If you are comparing how much money you actually put into the pot for each bet you will clear the bonus a lot faster playing in dollars.

Example: At todays conversion rates 1 GBP = $1.8948. So in a 1-2 GBP game you are actually playing $1.90/3.80 but you are clearing bonus at maybe half the rate you would playing $2-4.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is the players might be lots looser at the Pound tables.

Granted I don't play high limits (so my comparisons probably don't apply beyong 1/2 US)...on Crypto sites there is rarely ever a 50c/1 game going (except on weekends) and the $1/$2 tables are super tight (occasionally only play for WillHill bonus).

But the 25c/50c US tables are in the 25-40% ASF range, whereas the 25c/50c GBP tables are 40+% ASF range (sometimes as high as 60%). Granted, the rake is higher, but the money is more. Plus with rakeback the rake isn't as bad as it could be. And who knows, it might be nicer psychologically since although I am playing close to 50c/1 US it seems more like half that.

And because they are looser I clear the few bonuses they throw at me a little faster (a quarter at a time... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif). Usually if I had a 25c/50c US and GBP table open I finish up with twice as many points on the GBP table.

Its a toss up in my opinion is what I am getting at. The pound tables are just looser from what I see. But like I said, it may be a lot different at the higher limits since I'm basing my opinion on what I see on the micro tables. However the occasional time I see the 1/2 GBP tables going (40% ASF), they seemed to be a lot looser than the 1/2 US tables (25%-30% ASF).