PDA

View Full Version : Wild Idea

Senecababe
08-14-2006, 10:58 PM
What would everyone think if they had an event where the winner was chosen using a judging system somewhat similar to the first World Series of Pokers?

Perhaps players could collect points for aggressiveness, making big laydowns, etc. Whoever performed the best would receive the win, and whoever had all the chips would get something too.

pokergrader
08-14-2006, 11:09 PM
I'll save everybody the trouble and declare myself the winner.

GG all!

mornelth
08-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Nice first post. Welcome to the forum!

The trouble is - firsts Series were played among, like, 200 people. It was easier to determine who's the BEST player.

These days it will just have to be either HORSE winner or the POY...

darrick00
08-14-2006, 11:20 PM
its opinion.

sekrah
08-14-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would everyone think if they had an event where the winner was chosen using a judging system somewhat similar to the first World Series of Pokers?

Perhaps players could collect points for aggressiveness, making big laydowns, etc. Whoever performed the best would receive the win, and whoever had all the chips would get something too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm..

Seneca..

Babe..

Allegany or Niagara ??!?!? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

benfranklin
08-15-2006, 12:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The trouble is - firsts Series were played among, like, 200 people. It was easier to determine who's the BEST player.

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1st Series in 1970 was the only one where the players voted on the winner. There were 7 players. The story is that on the 1st ballot, everyone voted for himself. On the second ballot, they voted for 1st and 2nd place. Everyone else voted for Johnny Moss for second place, so he was declared the winner. There was no prize. Everyone just kept the cash they won at the table.

In 1971, they went to a winner take all event, with a $5000 buy-in. There were 6 players, and Johnny Moss won the only prize, $30,000.

When Brunson won in 1976 and 1977, it was still winner take all. He won $220,000 in 1976 (22 entrants) and $340,000 the next year (34 entrants).

timex
08-15-2006, 03:11 AM
I was sure that the wild idea was going to be raising the main event buyin.

benfranklin
08-15-2006, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was sure that the wild idea was going to be raising the main event buyin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! That is wild. I wonder why no one has ever thought of that? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

heater
08-15-2006, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All sports and games decided by judges suck. Some, like boxing, are fine up until they need to go to the judges. Others, like diving, figure skating, and gymnastics suck 100% of the time.

mornelth
08-15-2006, 06:32 AM
I thought the wild idea would be to replace the traditinal first place bracelet to a pinapple with hat and glasses... or something like that...

Solitare
08-15-2006, 08:49 AM
After each round, each table votes one player off the table.

Bidz
08-15-2006, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And Jeff Probst is there to snuff out your chipstack with the line, "The table has spoken. It's time to go."

mornelth
08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
And Jeff Probst is there to snuff out your chipstack with the line, "The table has spoken. You=teh suck."

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Willy
08-15-2006, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey that's a great idea. Maybe we could throw in card tricks too. You know, who ever did the best card tricks gets extra points. Yea, your really on to something here. Keep up the good work.

Senecababe
08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Willy, you are snotty. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Bringing your opinion across in a childish way is no way to earn respect.

To the person who asked- Niagara.

08-15-2006, 12:01 PM
This is too wild for me. Mods, please delete.

sekrah
08-15-2006, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

To the person who asked- Niagara.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ugh, Bummer. You sounded like a wild one,

Willy
08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Willy, you are snotty. I don't want to talk to you anymore. Bringing your opinion across in a childish way is no way to earn respect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey man I am not looking for your respect
You post an absolutely idiotic idea and are surprised you are ridiculed? Grow up.