PDA

View Full Version : Instead of multiple Day Ones, how about multiple locations?

binions
08-13-2006, 11:24 AM
I know it's a pain to find dealers, etc, but it seems like you could have 4-5 rooms of 2000 players each going at the same time.

HSB
08-13-2006, 11:32 AM
How about multiple Day Ones at multiple locations?

Solitare
08-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Like the Rio doesn't have plenty of hotel rooms. One table per room.

*TT*
08-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Harrahs lost 2/3 of their staff due to firings and/or quitting before the main event, do you really think your proposal is realistic?

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

Jurollo
08-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I actually think multiple locals is the next progression here. You would have a northeast, southeast, midwest, northwest and southwest qualifier with a certain percentage of the field moving on to Vegas. Then go from there, we are a few years off from this if it were to ever happen though. By logistically this could lead to fields of like 40K.
~Justin

CaryDarling
08-13-2006, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actually think multiple locals is the next progression here. You would have a northeast, southeast, midwest, northwest and southwest qualifier with a certain percentage of the field moving on to Vegas. Then go from there, we are a few years off from this if it were to ever happen though. By logistically this could lead to fields of like 40K.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is what Harrah's would want.

Imagine someone deciding they are going to spend a month at the WSOP playing in the smaller events and satellites trying to get into the big event...they may now decide against flying out to Vegas to play in all those smaller events if they don't make it through their regional qualifier.

There is at least a carrot to dangle in front of the proverbial donkey with the ME being one of the last events..to not only keep the players in town pumping the juice, but the tourists as well.

PokerPaul
08-13-2006, 03:25 PM
I think this is a good idea.

Not only would it speed things up, it would also give exposure to some of the other harrahs properties around town.

Between the rio, harrahs, cesaers, paris and ballys...and the horseshoe of course, they could spread all the day 1's and day 2's to occur simultaneously.

Jack Bando
08-13-2006, 03:27 PM
Harrah's has said no multi locals a few times so far. An extra convention room maybe.

Willy
08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
Use a shoot-out format at first. 18000 players at 2000 tables at various times and various locations around the world play down to 2000 players for the main event.

benza13
08-13-2006, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Harrah's has said no multi locals a few times so far. An extra convention room maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, Harrah's already talked about other rooms at the Rio that they can expand to.

Harrah's will not be changing the buy-in, the location, or the general schedule of the WSOP any time soon.

Spook
08-13-2006, 03:54 PM
if they move it to Caesars they would have a lot more space, but no portable toilets.

Jurollo
08-13-2006, 04:52 PM
They could keep it in Vegas and use their 1 billion locals there.
~Justin

HSB
08-13-2006, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is what Harrah's would want.

Imagine someone deciding they are going to spend a month at the WSOP playing in the smaller events and satellites trying to get into the big event...they may now decide against flying out to Vegas to play in all those smaller events if they don't make it through their regional qualifier.

There is at least a carrot to dangle in front of the proverbial donkey with the ME being one of the last events..to not only keep the players in town pumping the juice, but the tourists as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do it like this. A Day One at each circuit event.

You can buy in to multiple Day Ones whether you busted out of the previous one or not, but if you still had chips left, you forfeit them.

This makes it possible for more people to play...those people that can take a day off to go to their local cardroom but not a week off to go to Vegas. This increases the prize pool without increasing the number of dealers required on any given day.

It means the pros who travel the circuit can recover from being busted out in Day One which means more money in the prize pool.

It means a marketing tool to aid the circuit events in a marketing war against the WPT.

It means that some pros will have a less than average chip stack banked and be faced with the question of whether they should buy in again for a chance at a higher chip stack knowing they could also bust out and not make it as far as they already made it.