PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood bonus is great, but....

TobiasFunke
08-11-2006, 02:08 AM
...the play is so incredibly nitty @ Ongame that it almost isn't worth it. $50 max NL tables with flop % of under 30%?

Truth be told, I am just as much a nit as the rest of them, but I want to be the exception. I don't exactly HATE playing against these types of players, as variance is very very low. In 5,000 hands so far I haven't been stacked once b/c players rarely want to put all their money in. But I would much rather play against opponents willing to get their money in with mid pair.

What do you all think? Do you stay away from Ongame and Absolute b/c they are such rock gardens? Or do you enjoy the steady profit that these sites allow as a result of great bonus percentages?

BigBadBabar
08-11-2006, 02:57 AM
the tables get looser sometimes. they have a pretty good game selection at that limit. i mean if you can multitable and show a steady profit with little variance, that's not too bad for a bonus whore. if you're playing for pure bb/100, i think there are looser sites out there. bonus+rakeback at ongame isn't too bad though.

bbb

andyakb
08-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Are you playing FR? Ive never played FR there but their 5max tables are nuts and way more LAGG [not good lagg, just nuts reraise everything lagg] than any network Ive played at.

studmuffin
08-11-2006, 03:29 AM
Tobias, I don't think the universe wants you to be playing at Hollywood. To play there, you have to have the heart of an angel, and the hide of an ele-phant.

TobiasFunke
08-11-2006, 03:35 AM
Muffin....maybe you're right, I am certainly no Ivey, Juanda, or Pinkett-Smith.

Back on topic....maybe I am just being way too selfish wanting a great bonus, terrible player base and super software.

If you could combine, say, UB's interface with Party's player base and a 5-7x dealt bonus I think I would break down in tears.

chicagoY
08-11-2006, 05:31 AM
That's true, I usually don't get stacked in tight games other than set on set stuff.

E.Z.
08-11-2006, 06:33 AM
ub's interface makes me sick unless it's changed in the last year

TCBSTEVE
08-11-2006, 06:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Muffin....maybe you're right, I am certainly no Ivey, Juanda, or Pinkett-Smith.

Back on topic....maybe I am just being way too selfish wanting a great bonus, terrible player base and super software.

If you could combine, say, UB's interface with Party's player base and a 5-7x dealt bonus I think I would break down in tears.

[/ QUOTE ] /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PeachBunny
08-11-2006, 08:01 AM
Its not that bad. Keeping record of fishies helps alot. I just cleared 250$ (7x) bonus on PokerRoom and am thinking of moving to Hollywood through Bonuswhores.com. (Is there any better deal than the those at BW?)
I played mostly .5/1 full and 1/2 full. I got away with 2BB/100.

Blowup Doll
08-11-2006, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
...the play is so incredibly nitty @ Ongame that it almost isn't worth it. $50 max NL tables with flop % of under 30%?

Truth be told, I am just as much a nit as the rest of them, but I want to be the exception. I don't exactly HATE playing against these types of players, as variance is very very low. In 5,000 hands so far I haven't been stacked once b/c players rarely want to put all their money in. But I would much rather play against opponents willing to get their money in with mid pair.

What do you all think? Do you stay away from Ongame and Absolute b/c they are such rock gardens? Or do you enjoy the steady profit that these sites allow as a result of great bonus percentages?

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy the steady profit that these sites allow because rocks are easy to bully. Oh and yeah the bonuses are great too.

Overdrive
08-11-2006, 09:32 AM
About two years ago I would always clear the pokeroom and their skins bonuses at limit or no limit hold em. There were some really bad players ther then, but it is a totally different world now. The last several Pokerroom bonuses I have cleard playing 7 card stud and pl omaha, it was just not any fun playing hold em there. Your mileage may vary...

kiemo
08-11-2006, 09:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As would every other bonus chaser and HUDBOT out there and soon the site would be just another nit place. And you would be longing for a site that had lots of fish and easy to clear bonuses.

Ken_AA
08-11-2006, 11:02 AM
Their Tourny's are pretty soft.

Ken