PDA

View Full Version : Nut FD push against PFR re-raiser

JustToast
01-01-2006, 05:12 PM
Hows this line?

CO is donkalicious at 79/10/1.64 and horrible (the reason i'm here)

SB is 47/13/13.00 in a short sample -- seems very aggro

My thinking on the flop was that I have huge folding equity for both of them on this scary-assed flop unless they have a monster. Either way I have a sweet draw to what's likely the nuts.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

CO ($155.25)
Button ($19.50)
SB ($88.52)
BB ($115.56)
UTG ($31)
Hero ($141)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, CO calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (poster) raises to $7.5</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $4, CO calls $4.

Flop: ($25) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $100</font>, CO calls $100, SB calls $60.52 (All-In).

Turn: ($305.52) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
Hero calls $33 (All-In), CO calls $33.

djoyce003
01-01-2006, 05:17 PM
not sure I'm in love with it....u are behind when the money is going in and against donkeys you don't have folding equity. SB's lead into the raiser with those stats also makes me think you are behind at the time of the betting. Your ace outs may or may not be good either. With both of them in there its probably ok though. I probably just call the flop bet....then i'd push the turn, but that's me.

boondockst
01-01-2006, 05:41 PM
AJo isn't exactly what you want to call this reraise with but I dont see how you can get away. CO has a set of queens or K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Kx that wasn't reraised for some reason?

jsnipes28
01-01-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't like it. Generally against a re-raiser u have zero fold equity. He isn't letting go of KK with a diamond or KQ or AQ IMO. It looks like you got lucky on the turn. Hope you sucked out.

gol4pro
01-01-2006, 07:56 PM
I like. Hopefully you sucked out on SB's KK/QQ/AA.

gol4pro
01-01-2006, 07:57 PM
To the people that are saying that hero's play is bad b/c he is almost surely behind-- YOU ARE MISSING A HUGE POINT IN THIS HAND.

The hand is 3-way, so as long as hero has 33% equity, he is making profit. Seeing as he has the NFD, the only way he does not have 33% equity is if someone flopped a made flush (very unlikely), or if the other dude flopped a set of bitches. Even then, he still has 25% equity.

Plus, if the Ace is a live out, then he is at about 45% equity in a 3-way pot... a great spot to be in.

The fact of the matter is; the pot is huge, and you likely have good equity into a 3-way pot. For that reason, your fold equity doesn't really matter.

JustToast
01-01-2006, 09:32 PM
Interesting posts so far.

boondock: you'll note he only minraised pre-flop... $4 isnt enough to fold me against these two and I would never advocate folding for a minraise after you raise PF lest your strong dont push-me-around image be shot to hell.

I honestly thought the donk would fold on the flop to a bet and huge raise but he didnt. When the ace came down I was pretty damn sure I had the donk so the turn bet was for value particularly to counter the odds against me with one to come against SB who surely had me beat by calling that $80 raise on the flop.

Results: I spiked my flush on the river, got called a few names by SB whose trip queens went down in flames. CO Donkalicious had Jd Th and just got promoted to my buddy list.