PDA

View Full Version : 20k 2/4 Party hands with some specific questions

smoove
01-01-2006, 04:25 PM
Edit: Hmm, why didn't the "image" thing work? Help? I'll just do website links for now....

Ok, the first thing I did was compare my stats to those compiled by CallMeIshmael in the sticky. In most areas, I think I'm pretty close. But there are definitely some numbers a bit out of whack.

-Am I a little too tight?
-It looks like I need to defend my blinds a bit better (especially on the SB)
-Do I need to steal more often, or is this number decent?
-River problems: (1) Looks like I'm too aggressive (2) I'm folding on the river way too often! What would you guess is likely causing these river numbers?
-I'm trying to get better at protecting my hands with check raises. Out of curiosity, what's a good % range for check raising?
-How are my position stats? Looks like I'm bleeding quite a bit on the BB (but nothing too crazy). Maybe I'm getting lucky on the SB
-Thanks for any advice!
20 k hands part 1 (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20khandspt14xc.png)

20k hands part 2 (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20khandspt20zl.png)

20 k hands position stats (http://img341.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20khandsptposstats0qs.png)

Twilight
01-01-2006, 05:30 PM
There's no need to loosen up any more. Your overall VPIP is just fine. As for defending your blinds better you could add a couple more hands to the sb defense list. You should also defend your BB a bit more. Somewhere around 50-60% isn't too bad.

Your checkraise % is a bit low. This probably isn't due to you failing to protect your pots correctly, but most likely due to a lack of use in shorthanded/HU pots. Especially in blind defense situations against agressive opponents. Learn which opponents will autobet certain types of flops and the checkraise will become a feared weapon in your arsenal.

You could also easily add another 10% to your blind steal attempts.

As for your river agression
1 looks can be deceiving
2 you are folding way too much on the river

Aim for a river fold % anywhere from 35 to 45%

These folds cause your river agression numbers to be too high (you're probably not too agressive on the river its just that you "never" call.)

smoove
01-01-2006, 11:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These folds cause your river agression numbers to be too high (you're probably not too agressive on the river its just that you "never" call.)

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point--it is probably what's causing the abnormal aggression number.

p.s. What that really your first post?

Dagger78
01-01-2006, 11:54 PM
Those stats look really good man.

Aggression is well within normal range. You may be folding a bit much on the river which would account for your high river aggression.

Twilight
01-02-2006, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good point--it is probably what's causing the abnormal aggression number.

p.s. What that really your first post?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been reading these boards for a year and a half without posting. My new year's resolution was to start posting and making an effort to improve myself.