PDA

View Full Version : How did I play this?

Toms
01-01-2006, 03:24 PM
This is the first hand I have posted was I being to aggressive
PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (15.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (13.75 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (25.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 29.75 BB

Toms
01-01-2006, 03:25 PM
obviously I do not know how to use the hand converter

Kwaz
01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
If you've still got time to edit - go to the top left of the converter and change the format from FTR to 2+2 and change the post.

Toms
01-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks

Kwaz
01-01-2006, 04:01 PM
As for the hand, without a read on MP1, I just call the turn.

BTW. You should learn to river the T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Tsai Shen
01-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I think you played it well. MP1 waking up here with that board is really suspicious, I may just call the turn. There was a lot of aggression on the flop that this guy didn't have any part of, so I'm thinking he probably haa T, but he could well have something else. If you raise though, you're not getting anyone to fold a better hand and you are gonna probably knock people out (which I don't think is necessarily good here) and getting 3-bet sucks a lot.

That might sound weak-tight and hell if I was playing I'd probably raise the turn without thinking about it (because I kinda default to aggro), but thinking about it now, I don't mind a turn call.

chesspain
01-01-2006, 04:37 PM
I think you were way too aggressive on the flop and turn. Given that you don't have reads, one has to assume that that BB isn't a maniac--which makes this a very dangerous flop when we are up against an unknown player who three-bet PF and then bets into four players. In fact, I would probably only coldcall the flop, since there is only one player to try to knock out--and he already is going to have to coldcall. And no one is folding a better hand.

On the turn, the raise is spewary. It should be obvious from the previous streets that we don't have a jack, and I think the likelihood of someone folding a set is slim. I think that your fold equity for another's AK/AQ is too low to make this a good raise. And after all of the aggression which has been shown, why would MP1 bet with a worse hand--it would be foolish for him to think that he was going to take down this pot right there with some unlikely 2nd or 3rd best hand like QJ? Even with our draws, I think I'm only calling this, especially since only our spade outs are fairly clean.

01-01-2006, 05:08 PM
You should accept that you almost always are drawing from the flop on. I'd say the flop call is close since the risk of a reraise is very big. Without the backdoors this would be a fold, but with them i'd call. You should certainly not raise though.

The turn card is very nice. It strengthens your draw very much but not enough to make some kind of value raise, so you should just call here aswell. When this card appears and MP1 donks, the possibility you are ahead is approximately 0%. You may even have the worst hand here.

The reason you could take command postflop is that neither BB nor UTG+1 can beat a set i guess. And they are also fearing a straight, which may very well be in MP1s hand.

You must realise that two pair often is the best hand, but not in all spots. And this is a nightmare scenario for your bottom pairs. You should calm down and just draw here. And if you had not bloated the pot with the worst hand, it may have been easier to laydown at the river. Here, getting upto 1:29 i can understand it's hard to find the fold button.

Toms
01-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the reviews as you can see i need all the help i can get.