PDA

View Full Version : Which books should I read first???

Thundercat32
01-22-2006, 09:47 AM
When I first started playing poker 8 months ago, I picked up Phil Gordon's the Real Deal. It helped me understand alot of things because it was all pretty much new to me.

Now I want to move past that point. I've read Phil Gordon's Little Green Book and watched his Final Table DVD. Both helped my game but also I'm very new. I have Super System also and have read the section on No Limit while skimming through the Limit section. I've heard people tell me to wait to read Super System until I have more experience and I tend to agree with them.

Here's the books I own and still need to read. Tournament Poker for Advandced players (read through Chapter 1 that's it), Mike Caro's Book of Poker Tells, Harrington on Hold'em Vol. 1, Play poker like the Pros by Phil Hellmuth, The Art of War by Sun Tzu, and Super System (read some of it, skimming through the 7 card stud section as I'm beginning to pick up that game). Most of this advice is for No limit hold'em play.

I'm about 300 FPP away from having Pstars send me the Theory of Poker by Sklanksy, I really want to read Harrington on Hold'em vol. 2 also. I'd like to read Barry Greenstein's Ace on the River. I think those are the top ones I want to read at the moment. I'm willing to go out and invest another couple hundred if you think the books I currently have to read or are planning to pick up are not the best, so let me know what you all think.

February is going to probably be the most reading I've ever done in my entire life so I'm hoping I'm up for the challenge.

Thanks!

Oh also, what do you all think about Howard Lederer's DVDs and any other DVDs that might be out there that I haven't seen like Mike Caro's for instance

wmonfor
01-22-2006, 12:03 PM
"Small Stakes Hold'em" by Ed Miller.

deacsoft
01-22-2006, 12:13 PM
We have about three of these threads a week. Please use the search function.