PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 Stud/8 777

blumpkin
01-22-2006, 08:39 AM
The 3/images/graemlins/club.gif brings it in, the Q/images/graemlins/club.gif completes, the 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif calls, I raise it with (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, some folds, the 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif calls, the bring-in folds, and the rest call.

4th street:
Me: (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Idiot guy: (xx) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Decent guy: (xx) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Clueless guy: (xx) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Bet or check with the intention of check-raising the decent guy?

FeliciaLee
01-22-2006, 12:12 PM
The beauty of Stud 8 is that you don't have to "slowplay" anything. You will usually get enough action as it is. Bet out.

Where were you playing this? Bike or Commerce? We are coming out tomorrow or Tuesday, hope to see you there.

Andy B
01-22-2006, 12:33 PM
I would probably just bet out because I only have one gear, but you might consider checking and calling, mimicking a busted low, and lowering the boom on fifth or sixth. This is shaping up to be a one-way hand.

greenage
01-22-2006, 01:08 PM
If you hadn’t raised third, I would say go for the check-raise. Since you have a 7-door card, “decent guy” should be hearing some alarm bells and may decide to give himself a free card unless he has a bigger monster.

getfunky
01-22-2006, 02:50 PM
i don't like a 4th st c/r because decent guy will be hearing big time alarm bells. if you've been aggressive lately or have been caught bluffing, betting out seems fine, and you might decide to just call if decent guy raises to try to get more info. however since both lows bricked, slowplaying is also a good option - I'd check/call then bet out with a baby on 5th or c/r with a brick.

alphanumerics
01-22-2006, 05:55 PM
it depends on your image, i would bet/3bet here, he should punish the missed lows with a raise, but i think he will still pay you off. then i would c/r him on the next street if you still have the lead.

blumpkin
01-22-2006, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 3/images/graemlins/club.gif brings it in, the Q/images/graemlins/club.gif completes, the 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif calls, I raise it with (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, some folds, the 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif calls, the bring-in folds, and the rest call.

4th street:
Me: (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
Idiot guy: (xx) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Decent guy: (xx) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Clueless guy: (xx) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Bet or check with the intention of check-raising the decent guy?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually check, Idiot checks, Decent checks. This I do not understand at all. He has split queens or a big pair in the hole every time here, and all the low cards caught bad. Clueless of course checks and everyone gets a free card.

5th street:
Me: (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Idiot guy: (xx) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Decent guy: (xx) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Clueless guy: (xx) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Clueless says "more free cards" and checks. Now I bet and everyone calls.

6th street:
Me: (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Idiot guy: (xx) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
Decent guy: (xx) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Clueless guy: (xx) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Clueless checks again, I bet, Idiot calls, Decent calls, Clueless folds. Decent guy is evidently confused by me betting into his open deuces.

6th street:
Me: (7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif)
Idiot guy: (xx) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif
Decent guy: (xx) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Now Decent is high with the deuces and checks, I bet, Idiot calls, and Decent check-raises.

Andy B
01-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Maybe he had pocket Kings and saw both of his trip cards die on fourth street. That might have taken the wind out of his sails.

I have a hard time seeing how you're going to win, but I think you have to pay this one off all the same.

mscags
01-22-2006, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe he had pocket Kings and saw both of his trip cards die on fourth street. That might have taken the wind out of his sails.

I have a hard time seeing how you're going to win, but I think you have to pay this one off all the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

ColdCaller
01-23-2006, 12:32 AM
Maybe trip deuces?

Call and pray.

blumpkin
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
I relucantly called the river raise and Idiot overcalled. The decent player showed deuces full of aces and the other player had an 8 low. I still do not understand why the decent player checked 4th street with pocket aces*, and a check-raise should work almost always and builds the pot with high equity. Still, I think betting out is best. One or both of the low hands might drop out (unlikely though in that game) and this would increase the likelihood of a scoop.

Still can't believe the guy hit runner runner runner deuces. What a sick game this is.

*the "river" deuce was not suited with the AQ, and I know this player would not complete with (let alone play) a hand like (A2)Q unless it was suited. So, he must have started with (AA)Q.

benwood
01-25-2006, 01:54 AM
I just can't see betting out on 4th as being correct,notwithstanding how it turned out.Betting out gives up your deception(& it is certainly worth something),& you can just check & let decent guy bet it,as he is virtual certain(?)to do.If you don't play results,checking looks correct.

Scott Y.
01-25-2006, 02:04 AM
I like the 4th check a ton, but not so much intending to checkraise. If you have one hand reader w/ a big pair and a couple of guys willing to call along w/ random stuff, you can checkraise 5th. Sometimes you'll catch a heart or low straight card and give the good player the wrong idea too, which gets you even more action and might fold the Idiot guy's 4-card 8.